Having an issue with freezing/loading whether vanilla or modded(VID)

diegoaccord

So I seem to be having this issue where I can be traversing the wastes and all of the sudden I'll see a glitchy area ahead, where things haven't fully loaded, buildings will be low res, LOD looking models, and objects just look bad. The ground is usually not loaded and a companion or enemy can fall off of the screen. If I go to the area the game will go into infinite load while walking. If I see the glitching and I decide to head into a building, the game wont usually load the building, or if it does let me, in it won't load outside when I leave the building. Also, if I save next to a glitch area, the game will not load the save.

This clip is an example, I am at an excavation site, and you see boulders with no detail, and glitchy walls that can disappear, and as I move forward, infinite load. Trinity Tower is huge one. I have to console command Curtain Call complete and bring Strong to me.

This happens even without mods on a fresh re-install.

I don't know if this is hardware related, but this seemed to happen after I changed my GPU, but there have been 4 GPU's in my PC the last month.

PC started with a

1. Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

2. AMD RX 570 8GB

3. AMD RX 5700 XT

4, Nvidia RTX 3080

At first I thought it was because I changed to a much weaker GPU while keeping the graphics/mods/ENB (570) so I put in a GPU that was the same performance as the 2070 Super(5700) which actually ran Fallout 4 a bit better, but still had it. Back to Nvidia(3080), still have the issue.

Is the game aware of what vid card you have? (generally, deleting the ini files in the My Games/Fallout4 folder will force it to re-detect video.)

The 3080 should be able to run the game without even putting minor stress on the card...... :) If you aren't running a whole lotta mods.... I might be tempted to have your mod manager uninstall all of them, uninstall the game, make sure all pertinent folders are now gone/empty, then reinstall just the game, and see if things are better.