Critters not spawning bug

GamerChas

I have the Steam GOTY edition with all the add-ons activated and the unofficial patch installed. No mods.

I am getting repeatable bugs of enemies not spawining when I approach from a certain direction. I am wondering if this is a known bug and if there is some way to fix it.

1. The first area is just across the river from the Ankorage Memorial. There is a tent with a captive in it. There is supposed to be a Mutant guarding the captive, a dead wastelander just outside the tent and two centaurs patrolling. I go to the Ankorage Memorial first to plant the observer device. I can see the patrolling centaurs but I leave them alone for now. Later, I cross the river near the supermarket then head south from Senica Station towards Rivit City. When I get to the tent, there is no mutant, centaurs or dead wastelander. Just the captive. Also there is no mirelurk or radroaches near the Tepid Sewer and no radroaches on the other side of Dukov's Place. Later on, when I travel back to this area after being to Rivit City, all these enemies are now there, including the dead wastelander. I 'think' that I must come from the south, heading north, to make the enemies spawn again. After all, they did spawn once, when I was at the Ankorage Memorial.

2. The second area is the mutant camp just north of Rivit City. There are supposed to be four mutants in the camp, a captive and a couple dead raiders. Heading south from Dukov's Place, I go to the Jefferson Memorial first, and circle it while clearing out the 4 or 5 mutants there. I do not enter the Memorial. When I get to the point where I could cross directly to the camp from the Memorial I can see that the mutants are there. But I continue to do a complete circle around the Jefferson Memorial and back out the road I came in on. Past the fishing shack. I then head south towards Rivit City. When I get to the camp there are no mutants or dead raiders. Just the captive. Just like the case above. If I go back north, then around the Jefferson Memorial again, then directly across to the camp from the memorial, now the mutants and dead raiders are there.

It seems like entering these cells from the north causes a bug.

Like I said above, I am just wondering if this is a long time known bug.

Edited by GamerChas

I have also this bug.North of Rivet City in mutant camp no enemies,only capitive.After loading save enemies spawn normaly.

If you dont have enemies in place they should by,save your game and load this sholuld fix this in some way.

I dont know how fix this bug permamently:(

• 2 weeks later...

You did not described what mods you have installed but if you installed Mart's Mutant Mod after you played the game for sometime, that area will not re-spawn. To solve this problem you must stay inside a building of any kind for 4 game days. I think this will also work with the vanilla game. I'm giving this as a possible solution, no warranties.