Troubles running version 0.6.21 of f4se on linux

Pixtum

I have fallout 4 install using proton in $HOME/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Fallout4 and I have vortex mod manager install through Lutris. I downloaded all the mods manually from Nexus mods and dropped them in Vortex, everything is installed fine but when running fallout none of the mods I have that require f4se are working despite having installed it (installation method listed at the end). according to better locational damage whenever I start a new save f4se isn't installed correctly (and yes I have tried creating a save and reloading it). I've also tried older versions of f4se (as old as the newest version of fallout 4 allows) and still not dice. Does anyone have a solution? Is there a dep missing that I can install with winetricks or something?

installation method: Basically same as windows, drag and drop all the files into the fallout 4 directory but I rename f4se_loader.exe to Fallout4Launcher.exe so that I can run it from within Steam.

I renamed the original launcher to Fallout4Launcher.exe.bak, yes I have the latest version of both f4se and fallout, and yes I have but because of the way proton work it needs to go through proton setup which it doesn't just launching directly(which is why I have to rename it to launch through Steam).

So working on it a bit more I changed my version of proton to use glorious egg rolls version and it seems f4se is working, problem is that it appears that the game just isn't using the cbbe or bodyslide models(interestingly enough whenever I preview in bodyslide I only get the untextured models). So basically the game can't find the right files, how do I fix this?