Race Balancing Project Issues

Amacher2772

Just did an Oblivion Nexus search for the Race Balancing Project and ran across Race Balancing Project omod installer. Reason I mention it is the note at the bottom of the description for version 1.1 (emphasis added):

Version 1.1 clarifies some choices, and corrects some incorrect Ohmes-raht texture installation.

I just saw your edit. The other files, like 01-07 are all optional files. One of them is an Addition Folder but it only works if you are using both OOO and MMM. Maybe this is the problem then? The others are optional files that alter NPC's in the game ( I think they make them more diverse from each other than having them look alike.

So do you think I should uninstall the one I am using and install the Newest omod version? I think it is worth a try! But I will wait for your reply as I am still kind of new to this mod thing. To uninstall from Wrye Bash, do I right click on the mod and hit uninstall?

Found the Oblivion Nexus page for the mod. I see that the only download is via the mirrors, but it seems the 'main files full' link is dead (there's also a 'main files light', 'installation' link ... that leads to a sigil stone mod ... actually it seems all the links are broken in some way, with all but the broken 'main files full' link leading to various unrelated mods here on Oblivion Nexus). I'm guessing you downloaded the mod from elsewhere.

<p>On the uninstalling with Wrye Bash part I can't say for sure (but if the right click menu has that option when you right click a mod I'd say there's a very good chance that that is the way).<br />

<br />

As I've said I'm not familiar with the mod at all, but the OMOD version is by theNiceOne, a reputable and experienced modder here. It looks like all that is included off theNiceOne's download is the OBMM installation scripts (there is a link to the actual download that appears to work). It's a two part installation from what I can gather reading theNiceOne's install instructions.<br />

<br />

The download you currently have is a BAIN installation ... the folder named 'Core 00' tells me that. I'm surprised that it didn't have an installation script to walk you through all the options.<br />

<br />

Having no prior experience with the mod or helping troubleshoot that particular mod puts me in a spot of not being entirely comfortable making recommendations. If theNiceOne says "but due to its complexity, it isn't the easiest mod to install" makes it possible for me to give advice that just mucks things up worse.<br />

<br />

- Edit - Same link as theNiceOne gives.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> - Edit 2 - Need to head out for a while ... hate to just drop you but I'm going to be of limited help anyway.</p>

Edited by Striker879

Well I can't thank you enough for your help! I will uninstall my BAIN version and try out the omod version. The BAIN did have a readme installation but it wasn't the easiest one to follow. It didn't even talk about all of the esp that were in the BAIN friendly folders. Once again, thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

This OMOD installer package for RBP contains only the "scripts" needed to install the files hand-guided through the choices and configuration process.

The actual files it will install are not included in those downloads. That's why the description instructs to download the actual mod first.

RBP always consisted of "2" packages, one for the plugins and language-dependent stuff, labeled English Version (3.4MB), and one for the actual resource files like meshes, textures and such, labeled Installation Files (roughly 300MB).

Even the non-Nexus mod page you linked instructs to download and install the latter as well further down the description.

So, if you missed installing this package as well, and that's what it looks like, you are now missing the resource files, and the image you posted is one of the results.

For future reference:

If it's "custom" races coming from a mod you installed which are missing their texures, it's highly unlikely to be caused by a mod-conflict or configuration issue in the bashed patch or anything along that line. No other plugin even "knows" of the existence of the custom races and as such can impossibly mess them up. If you're getting the missing texture error indicator ingame with such one-of-a-kind unique races, the texture files must be missing physically or misplaced.

Sorry for my interrupting here, but I was quite used to RBP back when I was still playing, and you two seemed to be looking into the wrong direction, so I chimed in.

If I'm mistaken and you actually did install the 300MB package as well, then just ignore all I typed here. Nevertheless, the "'physically' missing files" part remains true, and there must be some other cause for why they aren't where the game looks for them now.