Why no Metro weapons been made yet?

gi543

In all this time that modding for FO4 has been a thing i can't help but notice that there have been no weapons from the Metro series made yet.

I'm not like requesting or demanding that anyone do it. But i would like to know if there's maybe a reason for it, because i find the nexus suspiciously devoid of Metro weapons, especially with the new weapon modding system in FO4 you would think it would be a perfect fit to make a bastard gun, duplet, tikhar, you name it.

Are they extremely litigious? has there been legal touble in the past or have threats of lawsuits been made?

I'd just like to know why, because i consider the Metro weapons an obvious choice and i'd love to have them in FO4, low hanging fruit even for modders to make. So that makes me all the more suspicoious as to why there aren't any.

Edited by gi543

"...low hanging fruit even for modders to make."

Quite the opposite. Metro weapons are highly detailed, both in the meshes and in the textures, and cannot be ported, they must be remade from scratch. There's also the issue of animations, which only a few people are doing/able to do for FO4.

Here's the closest thing available atm. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28824

I know there is also a Tihar/Hellbreath in the works, and you can get really close to a Metro Kalash with the Nuka World HMR.

"...low hanging fruit even for modders to make."

Quite the opposite. Metro weapons are highly detailed, both in the meshes and in the textures, and cannot be ported, they must be remade from scratch. There's also the issue of animations, which only a few people are doing/able to do for FO4.

Here's the closest thing available atm. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28824

I know there is also a Tihar/Hellbreath in the works, and you can get really close to a Metro Kalash with the Nuka World HMR.

Yeah, i know, i'm sorry, that's not the way i meant it.

I meant more like, i thought they would be well known and popular enough that at least a few modders would jump on them to make em.