suggestion: adds for download

gameboyjoey

hey so this is just my idea for a way to support mod makers more. i am not a modmaker but i have seen a lot that modmakers have to stop because it takes a lot of work and there is not much of a return. i get that there is already a donation feature but thats probably not a very viable source of income. how about you have to watch a couple ads to downloads a mod. i think people would be much more willing to make mods this way and people would probably understand. plus if you take a cut of the ad revenue, nexus could make more money too.

hey so this is just my idea for a way to support mod makers more. i am not a modmaker but i have seen a lot that modmakers have to stop because it takes a lot of work and there is not much of a return. i get that there is already a donation feature but thats probably not a very viable source of income. how about you have to watch a couple ads to downloads a mod. i think people would be much more willing to make mods this way and people would probably understand. plus if you take a cut of the ad revenue, nexus could make more money too.

I think if they tried to force me to watch ads before I could download mods, I would find an alternate source for my mods.

Unskipping video ads are a pretty gross practice and after seeing how bent out of shape a small (but vocal) number of users go after the download process was changed to include one extra click, I can't see that going down well at all.

We are doing what we can to support authors in addition to donations through our Mod Rewards program - see https://www.nexusmods.com/about/donation-points/ for more about that.