To My Old Nexus Friends

Saxhleel26

The forums have changed!

I haven't been here since....erhhmm...2014 ish? I'm technically not a Newbie, but it didn't feel as appropriate to put this in Off Topics, so I guess this thread goes here.

Anyway, most of the people here aren't familiar to me. Many of the old faces are simply gone I guess. If I remember correctly, I disabled my old account, but my username was Keanumoreira. If any of my old friends see this post and you recognize me, PLEASE add me! I wanna catch up!

Good to be back. :)

Edited by Saxhleel26

The forums have changed!

I haven't been here since....erhhmm...2014 ish? I'm technically not a Newbie, but it didn't feel as appropriate to put this in Off Topics, so I guess this thread goes here.

Anyway, most of the people here aren't familiar to me. Many of the old faces are simply gone I guess. If I remember correctly, I disabled my old account, but my username was Keanumoreira. If any of my old friends see this post and you recognize me, PLEASE add me! I wanna catch up!

Good to be back. :smile:

I remember you! :D The name is familiar. Don't recall if we had any interactions in the past though. That was WELL before lunch yesterday. :) My memory ain't what it once was. :D

Haha. Well besides me debating incognito, I believe we've talked before in the far past. You were one of the members I immediately recognized. It helps that most of you kept your avatar the same after all these years (I remember faces and images MUCH better than names).

I'm sad though that many of my buddies are no longer on the Nexus, but I'm glad a few still stuck around!

Yeah! I miss the ones that were freethinkers, great modders, fantastic artists too, all were on board when we got to say and cuss like salty old sailors during the Wild Wild Tesnexus Days.

Some are still Onboard; the good modders forums Nexusmods. You just have watch and see if you recognize the way they've changed. Alien Slof was one of my Favorite modders, Desdimona too and s/he was a real switch and swapper in the sensation department, while Thor magnified the zany conspirators world and theories and some real stuff that was important filling in some facts too.

I just loved trying to play teacher with Thor and try to get him to focus on one topic and follow through until he himself was the talk of the forums. But Blewey! Away he went, sky high to the Funny Farm.

Too bad the Fitness Therapy Sports Hospital doctors all went to the east coast to work together to fight the Corona - Virus and sooth the unsettled spirits of all the homeless around New York City, New York. The talented doctors here all moved their services so far away I didn't have a good enough vehicle to visit their new wards in the old New York City Sanitarium.

I found a YouTube with a video with a few pixs that reminded me of one of everyone's favorite. The bloodied fang toothed bunny here; today! Oh and his online Soul mate and this forums secret lover Carah!

Ooo! I watched it and laughed and laughed! It's almost as if his avatar is from the creator of the YouTube and appears without all the blood, sweat, and tears it has here. It must have been right after he was fully matured and they let all the mutated rabbits out of the hospital labs hutches.

Hey! Keanu! Your Vegas Avatar still shows up in Grannywills friends list. Ooo! What was going on there?! Hm?

No bother. I first heard this old song, no video, no YouTube backwhen when it came out. I was almost an adult. I heard it on the radio station KUDI in Great Falls Montana. Almost all the teen age children my age agreed the name of the city said it all, everyone who lived in Great Falls had a Great fall and all the mayors men couldn't put them back together again.

The radio station would play it every now and then. The really cool thing was a girl I knew had it on a 45 RPM record and on the "B" side was literally the same song in reverse.

I remember Thor and Alien Slof; I believe the latter wrote several stories in Druids Garden. I seem to remember being impressed at the time. He (she?) was (is?) a great writer.

As for my old account, if you're referring to why it can still be accessed, I'm not sure. I remember my password (pretty sure I never changed it) and I know I asked TheVampireDante to shut it down, so I just assumed it's lost. I'll have to ask one of the Mods to delete it, if it really matters.

If you're referring to why I chose that avatar, I couldn't really tell you. I don't remember much about the boy (the child really) that I was. I guess I just adored New Vegas. It still happens to be my favorite Fallout game, because unlike Bethesda, Obsidian is actually capable of producing quality work these days imo.

The one person I really want to find is David (SilverDNA). He was like my mentor in a way; he helped me to see that I have the ability to think for myself, that I shouldn't swallow all the dogmas and ideologies floating around these days. He gave me a very balanced worldview and I was lucky to know him when I did. Hope he returns one day.

The forums now just feel quiet. :/

EDIT: God that song is so jarring, lol.

Edited by Saxhleel26

I remember SilverDNA. I found that Nadin was from Alaska. I just got you two confused for some reason. I have a remedy for confusion. I write until I get it ironed out the way I remember it really was and I can still hold water when I get the bugs out. Otherwise I can count the times I felt the demons of video games creeping into my mind. I've played so many.

If you asked to have your old account shut down it is still there, because of that.

All you need to do is ask Robin (Dark0ne) or one of the moderators to REACTIVATE It. Ask and find out. I'd much rather you kept your bits and pieces glued to that Profile so it sparks the memories we shared. And it isn't Deleted or your Vegas sign would no longer be in all your old friends Profiles list.

Well that's the thing though. When I created this account, I didn't know my old one was still accessible. I suspected It because I voluntarily left, but I didn't KNOW. It was only after I fumbled through the forums and found it that I realized that I still could. Of course by then, it was too late.

If the Mods insist, I'd rather have my old account banned and keep this one instead. Maybe it sounds silly, but that old account was just that: an old account, and by that I mean, it preserved a lot of who I was at that moment in time. I left the Nexus just before I entered my 20s. I was a very volatile, egotistical, and outright childish human being. David taught me much, but there was so much further I had yet to go. I've learned more since I traveled the world in that time in-between, but I am still very young and very ignorant (not stupid though).

By now, you've gotten the sense that I'm trying to move past, well...the past. It may seem like such a small and insignificant thing, but it's just better to leave the old me where he deserves to be. I'm in a much better place now and I want it to stay that way.

Never thought this would turn into a philosophical discussion, huh? Me either. XD