NVSE not working in GECK

Slikpik

NVSE won't work in Geck? I can run all the mods that require NVSE in game but when I go to GECK and try to make a script using a command that requires NVSE, I can't? Why?

Anyone help?

Edited by Slikpik

Okay, I'm going to write a step-by-step instruction list, and you can tell me where or if you deviated from it. If not, we'll look at some other things. Steps marked with an asterisk (*) are OPTIONAL but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

*1) Download The GECK 1 4 PowerUP

*2) Install the GECK PU (geckpu-nv-14.exe and geckpu-nv-14.dll) in your FNV directory, alongside FalloutNV.exe, geck.exe, and nvse_loader.exe

*3) Install the GECK PU nvse plugin (nvse_plugin_geckpu-nv-14.dll) in your nvse plugins directory (%FNVDirectory%\Data\nvse\plugins\)

4) Right click on 'nvse_loader.exe' and select 'copy'.

5) Right click on the location you want the shortcut to go (Mine is on the desktop) and select 'Paste Shortcut'

*6) Rename your shortcut to something that's logical to you (Mine is GECK PU NVSE)

7) Right click your new shortcut and select 'properties'

:cool: Click the 'Shortcut' tab if it's not active.

9) Append the '-editor' switch to the shortcut's 'target' field, thus:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/5597757-1361382282.png

10) Run the GECK from your new shortcut and try to script an NVSE function, if it works, everything's good.

• 1 year later...

I just recently started having trouble loading Geck with nvse. Some time ago I'd had no problem, just using a shortcut with -editor after the quotes in the target field. Now it's giving me an error.

I haven't had Geck power up before (I've take a break for awhile). So after updating nvse and my Geck, I went through your step by step instructions. I'm stuck with the plugin part. I don't have a nvse plugin directory, and never have had one. Should I just make a directory called nvse\plugins in my main FNV folder? Do I need to even install the GECK PU nvse plugin? I'm guessing yes, but I just don't know where to put it. Thanks.

Okay so even after going through the step by step list I get the same error when using the shortcut:

"Launching C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\fall out new vegas\Geck.exe failed (740)"

I can fire up Geck by itself, but I'm trying to work on mods that use nvse... and I really need to get into Geck to do so, unfortunately.

• 1 year later...

If you're missing the GECK.exe in your New Vegas folder, you need to install it from steam - go to the Tools section of your library and scroll down until you see GECK, then install; easy as that. It's the editing software provided with Steam that allows tools like NVSE to run.