⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Trait which adds temporary effect to player whenever they kill an animal

Auberginuspl

Whenever you have a problem implementing some code inspired by something posted by someone else, it's highly likely to be specific to how you wrote it. (Typos more often than not.) For this reason you should always provide the "guts" (everything except essentially the same repeating elements like subsequent "conditional" lines that are merely variations on a theme not directly involved in the error) in "code" tags embedded inside "Spoiler" tags. The "code tags" preserve indentation for readability while the "spoiler tags" hide the (often lengthy) code from those not interested. Leave in "debug" statements so we can see what you have checked for.

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "tags".

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Actually, we need to look at this further.

How can we detect if the player has eaten a meat (an ingestible) and is now under the effects given by it?

Does IsSpellTargetAlt detect if the player ate an ingestible? I don't think my idea works.

Another way might be this:

loop through the formlist you created of the ingestibles
for each ingestible in the list
  do the IsSpellTargetAlt on it (if that actually works)

I think you are going to have to add an effect to all of the meats to do your perk thing and create a patch for JSaywer.

Edited by GamerRick

Hey Dubious, thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to keep that in mind to make my posts more readable in the future.

GamerRick, for now I'll settle for the script idea Dubious provided, it works well, i decided to merge it into a single script and it does its job perfectly actually. And as far as I do get the point of the script also checking whether the player is already under effects of the debuff, I wanted to avoid it because I wanted the effect to be reapplied in the event player decides to kill an animal in the meantime, so that it's restored and it lasts its full duration. I really appreciate you helping me though!