NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7507091. #7507150, #7507184, #7507191, #7507481, #7507740, #7507832 are all replies on the same post.

Freeware that has a donation option and a Beta that has lasted for how long now? The Beta in the Mod Manager is just used as a way to deflect issues like the ones found with this release.Don't get me wrong I do love the Nexus site and the Mod Manager.You should just release the Mod Manager out of Beta and then have an opt in Beta patching option so they can be tested before rolling out to all users. Edited by belwolvie

ok, i update the NMM to 0.44.1.. it says that i need a clean install and its says its safe.... after i install the new one (0.44.1) the mods are still there in plugins tab.. but in Mods tab.. no mods.... how can i bring them back?

EDIT:

nvm..

Edited by ISAAC93

The most severe bug is that I have to manually acknowledge every single file I overwrite cause NMM isn´t accepting if I hit the "yes to all" button!! I just installes the texture pack combiner and SMIM...do I have to tell more???

Alright, I think I know why there was the duplicated mods issue. It's because of the Cache folder, which contains archives, in Mods folder.

Now, the problem appears when you enable the NMM to look in subfolders. It notices the archives in Cache folder and adds them to Mods list. That's why the issue appears.

Don't know if this was brought up before, but I thought it'd be good to throw this here so that everyone knows.

This specific option looks like that: "Scan Mods directory subfolders for mods"

If enabled: issue appears. If disabled; issue is gone.

I hope I was helpful. :)

Edit: this was found on NMM 0.44.1 which should have helped with this issue, but didn't.

A simple solution for NMM devs would be to move Cache folder to Install Info or to condition this specific option to exclude Cache folder.

Edited by omega2008

44.1 hangs up on [scanning mod archives for readme files]. This is my third full uninstall and start from scratch. It gets to about halfway on the status bar and then just sits there. I walked away my previous 2 attempts and after ~20 min the bar had not moved past the halfway mark. This is my third attempt I will let it go for an extended duration as I do laundry, etc.

Not sure what else I can do as NMM refuses to start without the scan for readme's and now I'm stuck. I guess my fallback to to go to an earlier version.