Salt mines and salt "veins"

noobax

Also, I haven't been able to get much done today. I'm having a couple of issues with CK including the render window not showing anything. Until I can get the render window working again, I can't make much progress. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Either

a) you're trying to run CK with ENB loaded, this can cause problems (temporarily rename d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll.old or something to fix)

b) your skyrimeditorprefs.ini have gotten messed up. Delete it and restart the CK to regenerate.

Actually, it was a problem with my graphics card. The guy that was supposed to be helping me fix a problem with my laptop not transmitting information correctly to an external monitor messed up my driver even more than I previously thought. Thanks for the suggestions though, I appreciate it.

Bad news guys. As it turns out, my external monitor issues were just the start of things. Now my laptop is unusable and I need to get my motherboard replaced. So, until my new motherboard shows up, I'm not going to be able to work on this. As soon as I do get it, I'll be able to upload a beta version since I only have a couple things left to do to get this mod in a functional state.

1- Add a power called "collect seawater" that can be used while on/near the sea. This would simply add an item called "sea water" to your inventory, the power could even require having empty bottles.

2- Add a recipe in the cooking pot for a salt pile. Takes one sea water to give you one salt pile (and an empty bottle if you had to use one before).

Seems somewhat simple, and there are even empty wine bottles in the vanilla game, you could use those or add a new item called "empty bottle".

OR add a "desalinizer" in some sea cities. A big metallic bucket with a lever next to it. Turn the lever and the bucket fills itself, wait 24 hours for the water to evaporate and search it a bunch of salt piles.

Perhaps instead of finding salt piles in the bucket, the bucket is open and you can actually pick up the salt piles straight from the bucket?

Oh and to make it more realistic, perhaps you could make a new item called Wet Salt, and it has the appearance of a pile of salt except without the bowl. Maybe make it bigger to nicely fit the desalinizer bucket, so it looks like theres a pile of salt left over in the bucket, instead of a few magically appearing bowls which have salt in them.

Then, you dry the salt at a fire (cooking pot maybe) with a linen cloth and a Wet Salt, to give you a few piles of salt,maybe 10. The linen cloth is returned afterwards.

While desalination is something I would like to implement, it's definitely beyond my current scripting abilities. It's also not something that I would personally use since I use Realistic Needs and Diseases, which already has this feature.