Derok

I honestly never liked workshop much in the first place when it comes to Skyrim mods its really non-functional and awkward to use. As for monetizing mods itself I don't care nor do I think much will actually change. If something happens(stolen,broken mods or outrageous prices and mods that used to be free now costing money) itll be dealt with one way or another. I don't think Steam is stupid enough to do this without some sort of plan(whether said plan is a good one is debatable) afterall you cannot as a company not have a plan for this. I am gonna wait and see what happens and hope everything turns out well but I feel optimistic.

Sad as it is I retract my previous statement Valve is handling this badly and they should feel bad. This is getting ridiculous fast and there isn't an un-opinioned person out there so I might lay low for awhile if things start getting any worse. This is freaking ridiculous. 25% of the profit is BS. Seriously ridiculous cut if I am doing all the work.

Edited by AriaroseArgonian

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly never liked workshop much in the first place when it comes to Skyrim mods its really non-functional and awkward to use. As for monetizing mods itself I don't care nor do I think much will actually change. If something happens(stolen,broken mods or outrageous prices and mods that used to be free now costing money) itll be dealt with one way or another. I don't think Steam is stupid enough to do this without some sort of plan(whether said plan is a good one is debatable) afterall you cannot as a company not have a plan for this. I am gonna wait and see what happens and hope everything turns out well but I feel optimistic.

Sad as it is I retract my previous statement Valve is handling this badly and they should feel bad. This is getting ridiculous fast and there isn't an un-opinioned person out there so I might lay low for awhile if things start getting any worse. This is freaking ridiculous. 25% of the profit is BS. Seriously ridiculous cut if I am doing all the work.

And thus why, even if I wanted to get money off of UBR (I don't guys, it'll be free), I wouldn't post on stupid Steam.

Oh, also, with the creation kit update in light of this, my computer's being pretty pissy. I'm pretty close to being ready for release, but I plan to fix that and wait for this all to blow over before I post the mod.

EDIT: Well, I'm feeling sick to my stomach. http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/33quz6/skyui_pretty_much_one_of_the_most_essential_mods/

Edited by Drohung

Drohung just so you know I wouldn't assume this is going to blow over. We have no guarantee it will. Sure we could lay low for now but a lot of people are waiting for this mod to be released what if it never blows over?

I'm giving it a week to blow over. I'm not releasing UBR (as a long anticipated mod) when there is a large chance that people will steal it and post it on the Nexus to make money off of it.

If this never blows over, I'm going to have to find a way to ensure it doesn't get thrown up on Steam.

Drohung just so you know I wouldn't assume this is going to blow over. We have no guarantee it will. Sure we could lay low for now but a lot of people are waiting for this mod to be released what if it never blows over?

I'm giving it a week to blow over. I'm not releasing UBR (as a long anticipated mod) when there is a large chance that people will steal it and post it on the Nexus to make money off of it.

If this never blows over, I'm going to have to find a way to ensure it doesn't get thrown up on Steam.

knowing large companies this most likely will not blow over, especially bethesda and Todd Howard(damned liar)

EDIT: might I suggest something like posting on your mod page that, "if others post to steam or other websites that they have to give you credit and say that it is free on the nexus" this may not work but hey, it's worth a try right

Edited by mr3cman

If it was just a discussion about the possibility of it being implemented, then maybe something could be done. But this is already going down. As for people stealing and selling mods, other then reporting and banning I have no idea how that could be handled. With online art, people would add a signature or watermark. I wish I could be more helpful. I've been looking forward to this mod from day one, and read almost all of the comments on the nearing 200 pages. I know a ton of work has gone into it, and it's dam* depressing to think that we might not get to see it.

If it was just a discussion about the possibility of it being implemented, then maybe something could be done. But this is already going down. As for people stealing and selling mods, other then reporting and banning I have no idea how that could be handled. With online art, people would add a signature or watermark. I wish I could be more helpful. I've been looking forward to this mod from day one, and read almost all of the comments on the nearing 200 pages. I know a ton of work has gone into it, and it's dam* depressing to think that we might not get to see it.

Don't worry, everyone will see it. I just need to come up with a good solution for this enigma before posting it...