Derok

I said I'm doing the ones that cover the body. Compatability issues won't be present with those armors, if the body retains the same angles for the legs and feet in the final version. The armors that show the body I'm not touching until the mod's done. That way I won't have to redo anything. (Also, I won't do the boots, so I don't have to update feet models and can instead do it once the final feet model comes out)

And you are welcome! I'm going to help with the mod in any way I can! It's my favorite mod of all the ones I've ever seen out there.

And I can't really get on Steam too easily, Derok. Wish I could, but my other computer's having internet issues. I am interested in what you have in mind, though.

Edited by Drohung

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, there were at least 3 guy willing to help for making concepts and stuff, but they disappeared. Not a problem for now, there's not really much to do since bodies aren't even done.

Senviro are the bodies you're using to make the female arognians and khajiit the same? More importantly, is there already a full clothing and armour conversion out for them? I remember the last time I checked the unp body was the only one already finished. Also Derok tells me you're working on the legs, it looks good, but I recommend not touching the thighs to make converting armours easier.

I too hold trepidations of the changes. The shins are longer, as are the bones 'neath the ankles. Following the reference and information Derok provided on account of your suggestions, the thighs are shorter, yet in doing so the knees had to be raised. Derok said simply to not worry, thus whether or not these changes will affect the bones and animations remains to be seen by those who test them. (And is the main reason why I'm keeping backups.)

The bodies in use are CBBE, and both khajiit and argonian are being aligned on the same one to save time on armor conversion, yes. With now having to make a new shape I've to redo parts of anatomy and adjust digitigrade curves, meaning the cycle of uncertainty starts anew; the final product's timeline blurring steadily from view.

Hahaha that was so freaking poetic. Brilliant. Ignore my suggestions, (im sorry you already put the work into it), that was the whole purpose of my scaling the bones- so you don't have to modify the mesh. And if you do the khajiit the argonians will also have to be "fixed", since they use the same skeleton. I guess you can modify it slightly if you want to?

The main problem with the animations don't come from the animation per se, it's just that it will clip on certain actions because the animator didn't foresee the legs in that angle.

Modify the skeleton to distort the body looks a bad idea. I'm not ocd, but really we have all the time we want to work on the mod, polish things and make everything look right. Why drop custom skeleton compatibility, just because we are too lazy to correct directly the body mesh? Also not sure if your idea will work fine in game, I suspect texture stretching problems and maybe other bugs. Edited by Derok