Derok

Modify the skeleton to distort the body looks a bad idea. I'm not ocd, but really we have all the time we want to work on the mod, polish things and make everything look right. Why drop custom skeleton compatibility, just because we are too lazy to correct directly the body mesh? Also not sure if your idea will work fine in game, I suspect texture stretching problems and maybe other bugs.

Wait didn't you just ask me if we could use a completely stock body with just skeleton changes? Now that would be drastic, but this is very minor and looks fine. Why don't you just test the file I gave you instead of suspecting this and that? It does have custom skeleton compatibility, I made it using the maximum compatibility skeleton.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and that idea is not that great, just asked you if it's possible as a temporary solution (armors). Also would be nice if we decide what should be kept compatible with other mods (without any changes). Bodies or skeleton. Edited by Derok

I just tried to fix the gaps between the feet and body. The bad news is that I didn't manage to fix it. The good news is that that was because it's already lined up perfectly. So it must be uneven skinning that's causing the gaps. There's also one extra vertex on the feet that might as well be deleted. Because the edge of the body mesh only has 10 vertices, while the feet have 11. That might cause gaps also, but it looks lined up at least.

So Derok what was your idea on fixing the gaps? I just think it needs to be reskinned, with the weights at both edges matching exactly.

@Bilotheretard I explained my idea in a message I think. Anyway, since bodies are going to change, I think we can wait for that.

@Drohung as I said I don't like this syle of armor,expecially for Argonians, weak to the cold. And Morrowind may look a warm place, but mostly it's not.

After the eruption, dust blocks sunrays, it's not exactly a good idea run around half naked.

I read The Road, it's a post-apocalyptic novel set in a similar situation. everywhere it's really cold because the sky is full of dust.

Also the chest is quite uncovered, I don't think it's a good idea at all.

I would add at least a loincloth. But just because leaving that area uncovered, feels so innatural... I don't know about Argonians, but humans have to keep that area warm.

My suggestions are if you want to make it lore-friendly and pratical.

I hope it helps. :)

Edited by Derok

The armor is already lore friendly for argonian characters. I've had this debate with you before. You aren't the only one who wants to be lore friendly, Derok.

And the armor WOULD be practical. I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't. Everyone has their armor preferences, and everyone has their opinion of practical or not.

This armor is practical to me and a vast majority.

And I also don't think you have understood what I keep saying about the armor. It is meant for fully ranged combat, from far away. Like a sniper. The little amount of armor allows mobility, and the large right arm provides protection during ranged fighting. If the wearer gets in Close-Quarters combat, then the armor allows quick, fully-unrestricted movements, and the left arm is a built-in shield. The armor would be realistically practical.

Also, a kilted/pants version will be designed. And this character stays out of the cold areas. I can't actually bring him to southern Morrowind, but that's where he'd be from.

It's not cold down there.

Edited by Drohung

Oh yes, just wanted to share my opinions. In fact, I don't hate armors with uncovered parts, like forsworn or studded, but the heavily armored arm looks weird compared with the totally uncovered chest. In combat attacks come from everywhere, and a stray arrow in your uncovered back can be your end. Well, just my opinion.

Edited by Derok