Derok

My thought was that right now, the tail tends to stick out more perpendicular to the body. Perhaps it would be possible to avoid clipping by having it stick out a bit less?

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2quhvr6.jpg

Maybe in combination with shorter tails if necessary?

BTW, Derok, were you going to make a female version of the better claws?

Edited by Didact2401

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the start, just to be clear, I have no current plans/intention of changing the tail whatsoever.

However, yes, shortening the tail would probably fix the cloak issue.

The second way to do it would obviously be to change all of the animations. I have not tried to change any animations in Skyrim, but (from looking at the files) it seems to be close to the process of changing animations in Oblivion.

By taking the animation files one at a time, all one would need to do is learn how to import/export the animation files, then change positions of the beginning and ending animation keys, lowering/changing the start and end positions of the bones, in accordance to the cloak location. It is possible, but doing that is best left for somebody else. Derok and I are just making the bodies. Modifications to those sort of things should be done by either another independent modder or team of modders, using the framework of our body mod. If we overload ourselves with too many little things, we'll lose sight of the overall goal.

Also, even though I cannot speak for Derok, I'm pretty sure that he'll add claws to the males and females of both beast races.

Yeah, I've been looking into the male claws at least for the purpose of making some texture modifications so they fit well on khajiits.

This is what I have right now. I still need to do the new spec / norm maps for the hands.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2d9sha1.jpg

Edited by Didact2401

Really good work on the textures. Fingers especially. It never occurred to me to make them fade to the white of the claw textures. Also, Derok is pretty good at making normal maps from textures. Again, good work. My only thought on this work is that my textures and meshes might conflict with what you're doing. It would save you some work if you made them for the bodies on release, so you wouldn't have to make changes for compatibility purposes.

That having been said, more power to 'ya. Initiative and productivity is always appreciated, and the more that's created, the more non-modders benefit. But again, if it's meant to use our framework, it's best to either wait, or to create assets and hold onto them, until they can be practically applied.

Sometimes it's easier to 'adapt' something to a new framework than to create it all from scratch, sometimes not. It all depends on the actual changes done to the bodies and the work that'll have to be changed later when done now.

But even if everything has to be created completely anew from scratch once you release the new body meshes, having done all these things for the old bodies already now at least served as 'training' in the end.

That being said, the work recently done here still is as impressive as throughout the entire topic. I'm really looking forward to seeing the success of this promising project.

On a side note, this project is one of very few which make me repeatedly rethink my decision not to be modding for Skyrim in the future. I mean, without my freetime coming back first I still won't be, but if it wasn't for this project and very few others, it just won't happen, period.

Your work is turning Skyrim into a game that I 'want' to play and mod in future. And I have to thank you for this!

Keep it coming! Every single marvelous screenshot of it! :thumbsup:

Really good work on the textures. Fingers especially. It never occurred to me to make them fade to the white of the claw textures. Also, Derok is pretty good at making normal maps from textures. Again, good work. My only thought on this work is that my textures and meshes might conflict with what you're doing. It would save you some work if you made them for the bodies on release, so you wouldn't have to make changes for compatibility purposes.

That having been said, more power to 'ya. Initiative and productivity is always appreciated, and the more that's created, the more non-modders benefit. But again, if it's meant to use our framework, it's best to either wait, or to create assets and hold onto them, until they can be practically applied.

As long as you use the default UVs (as it currently does) it shouldn't make a big difference.

Edited by Didact2401

@Didact I made female claws. It's some pages before this.

If you need them ask me because they are pretty much ready.

Also I like the kitten.

@Drake My main suggestion: don't buy a game just to mod it. It will get boring fast.

You'll take a while to get into Skyrim. It's a different game than Oblivion. Less RPG and more Action.

If your pc is powerful, install some graphic mods. The graphics look not that good without some improvement.

Basically, exploration is my favourite thing :D

@Drake My main suggestion: don't buy a game just to mod it. It will get boring fast.

You'll take a while to get into Skyrim. It's a different game than Oblivion. Less RPG and more Action.

If your pc is powerful, install some graphic mods. The graphics look not that good without some improvement.

Basically, exploration is my favourite thing :D

I already played it together with my brother on his 360 a while back, for over several months in total, or I was mainly watching him play but not only. That's why I so far don't intend to buy and play it, yet. It's not a game I'd like to play the way it currently is, but mods like this one 'might' be able to make it become one in future.

My main hold-back though still is the major lack of free time I'm suffering from, the same reason for why my Oblivion modding is currently on hold as well sadly.

But if it weren't for modding projects like this one here, I won't even be considering giving it a try in future. This and only few others keep me interested in the very idea still.

Body slider is working for males. If someone wants the meshes, contact me.

I think I could convert armors fast, if my idea works. But the whole job would be so boring.

Basically four meshes for armor, and much armors to convert.

Edited by Derok