Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many animations mods, but not many animators. Most animations are ported from other games, and the few custom created animations usually are simple and short.

Creating a walking animation that doesn't look dumb is hard for any modder. Expecially if we want it at the same quality as vanilla ones.

Also what do you guys want? A t-rex race?

I don't see what improvements could be done to the animations. They look perfect.

Edited by Derok

A T-rex race would be pretty sweet!

As for me, I just want a few more little things that make the beast races look a little bit more like they evolved from animals into beastmen, and not like they're in the process of metamorphisizing from men into animals.

It wasn't as bad for the Khajiit since they're mamals anyways, which is why I think they get a little more leeway in my picky, picky mind.

Although I do think the animations are as good as theyre gonna get right now... not that that's bad. Keeping in mind we're gonna be slapping armor on those feet, getting detailed animations to work on the feet and look good in the armor is a feat in and of itself. They are messing around with joints a whole lot here.

Alright, I'm back from vacation, and am almost done with the armors I'm converting. Once those are done, I'll have files for everyone. Let me simply say this: It's a chore redesigning the boots for the feet. I have the raptor-feet boots, but I feel that doesn't look right. I'll get screenshots out soon for everyone to see of my work so far.

So, when this mod does come out of alpha/beta stages, can an animator, any animator, PLEASE animate those feet? It would make the mod 10 times better, because right now it looks like the models are walking on stilts. I'm not saying the mod is bad; it's FANTASTIC. I'm just saying that getting these feet animated is the next logical step to completing this.

Cheers!

Many animations mods, but not many animators. Most animations are ported from other games, and the few custom created animations usually are simple and short.

Creating a walking animation that doesn't look dumb is hard for any modder. Expecially if we want it at the same quality as vanilla ones.

Also what do you guys want? A t-rex race?

I don't see what improvements could be done to the animations. They look perfect.

It's not the animation themselves that's the problem. The problem is that all races share the same animations for everything except hand to hand attacks. So a digitigrade walking animation would make everyone who's not, look like and I quote "look like they have to poop". It might be improved slightly with a custom skeleton and skinning however.

Just realized that I could post here. I've been stalking this mod for months as well and I have been using it for awhile. I want to know something though how many armors do you have done just vanilla armors or? I can't hardly wait till my character can wear armor without the leg and hand models being changed which is why your digitigrade legs disappear when you put on armor. As well as the claws on the hands doing the same. Its as if the other leg and hand models are apart of the armor. Its weird.

Just realized that I could post here. I've been stalking this mod for months as well and I have been using it for awhile. I want to know something though how many armors do you have done just vanilla armors or? I can't hardly wait till my character can wear armor without the leg and hand models being changed which is why your digitigrade legs disappear when you put on armor. As well as the claws on the hands doing the same. Its as if the other leg and hand models are apart of the armor. Its weird.

The other hand and leg models are a part of the armor, yes. It actually makes sense, as it makes you need to load less models when using armor. But, we don't have any armor done for release yet. We will have results shortly, however.

On the animation-problem:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14871/? gives the player seperate animations (I think by making copies of each race for the player to not affekt NPCs). It might be a good reference to give the beast-races their own animation.

Oh, and I'm glad to see this mod is still alive.

Edit: Stupid Forum turns my whole sentence into a link.

Edited by BrabbelKP

Brabble, that mod lets the player use their own custom animations. That5 means, you can use your own animations apart from NPCs, but the animations are still shared between races. All your races will use those animations.

I think perhaps somethingcan be done with FNIS? Anyways after the work you've done I'm not demanding anything else from you guys. Maybe just ask for volunteers when the mod is up and in insta hot files you'll get the attention of someone.