Derok

From the description it reads as if it does exactly what we'd need for UBR to work:

To that end, this mod forces all vanilla races to read animation data from ["Data\meshes\actors\character\animation\PCEA\"], leaving the vanilla path open for custom races to use.

The reason is because you cannot animate individual actors in Skyrim, you animate the whole race instead. A better description of this mod would be "Race Exclusive Animation Path", but since I personally use a custom race, this mod does give "PC Exclusive Animation Path" for me.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drohung, on 04 Nov 2013 - 6:15 PM, said: Alright, I'm back from vacation, and am almost done with the armors I'm converting. Once those are done, I'll have files for everyone. Let me simply say this: It's a chore redesigning the boots for the feet. I have the raptor-feet boots, but I feel that doesn't look right. I'll get screenshots out soon for everyone to see of my work so far.

Hi Drohung,

I'm very interested in this project, and what it could mean for the future of a mod I'm working on. I'm currently trying to create a Skyrim Overhaul to both learn as much as I can about modding Skyrim (or any TES game for that matter), and to achieve a "perfect" game for myself. I'm tracking literally hundreds of mods that do something I like, or have an idea that I think would work. Ultimately I want a lore-friendly game that fits with what the previous games introduced, whilst hugely expanding options. Basically, if feels like it's missing, add it, if it feels wrong, change it.

I'm asking many modders across the nexus if I can use their assets in the mod, to save myself time, and get a head start (so the overhaul might actually be finished sometime this decade). Your beast race edits are amazing, and obviously fit that ethos well. I would be very interested in asking for aforementioned permissions once you have a finalised version. I will say I'm sorry that I can't more directly contribute at this time, but my time is limited, and I of course have many ideas of my own which need developing, on top of combining other people's work.

However, before I formally request this permission I'd like to know a little bit more about the development stages of the project, more specifically "It's a chore redesigning the boots for the feet". The scope of my project is huge (I doubt I'll have it finished before TES6 is released), to the point where I want to increase weapon/armour sets tenfold. I'm even looking at helping the Morroblivion team to get Skywind and Skyblivion finished so I can utilise those too. However, as well as scope I'm a perfectionist. Everything needs to be thought of and corrected for. Any level of player, fresh to the game and doesn't even know mods, to the most advanced modder, should be able to play without needing to know about workarounds, bugs, or any other problems. It should just work.

So, my question is, if I was dedicated enough, and learned how to model etc (I've barely touched NifSkope so far), would it be possible to convert the many armour mods I'm looking at to work with your new beast races? Are there plans to create patches for popular armour mods already?

Thank you for your time,

Daiyus

Edited by Daiyus

From the description it reads as if it does exactly what we'd need for UBR to work:

To that end, this mod forces all vanilla races to read animation data from ["Data\meshes\actors\character\animation\PCEA\"], leaving the vanilla path open for custom races to use.

The reason is because you cannot animate individual actors in Skyrim, you animate the whole race instead. A better description of this mod would be "Race Exclusive Animation Path", but since I personally use a custom race, this mod does give "PC Exclusive Animation Path" for me.

That's what I mean, the mod creates a folder that ALL vanilla races will use the same way they're normally using the vanilla animations. Now the normal paths for the animations are only used by you, so everyone in the game will use animations in that folder as long as they're a vanilla race, while any race that is not vanilla such as any custom race you use will use the ones you provide.

So the only thing it does it's help you have your own animations if you have a custom race. It doesn't let you use different animations for each race, aside from the folder it doesn't change anything in the vanilla system, so they (vanilla races) will still share animations.

I think there's no way to fix that since Skyrim was built that way, unless you can do something with FNIS to make khajiits and argonians use another set of animations, but that no one was ever able to do it shows how unlikely that is.

Edited by Zimitry

Drohung, on 04 Nov 2013 - 6:15 PM, said: Alright, I'm back from vacation, and am almost done with the armors I'm converting. Once those are done, I'll have files for everyone. Let me simply say this: It's a chore redesigning the boots for the feet. I have the raptor-feet boots, but I feel that doesn't look right. I'll get screenshots out soon for everyone to see of my work so far.

-snip-

Ok. Seems a nice idea.

Our mod is not far from a Nexus release. I'd like to include at least some common compatible armors and Khajiits. About boots, I'm still not sure. Someone wants to make them compatible. Personally, I don't think they are so necessary. I wanted to make a script to remove them but it messes too much with the game so I removed it.

Make them just bent wouldn't work. They need a completely redesign or they would look just stupid.

About custom armors, I have no plans. If this mod becomes popular modders can make their favourite armors compatible. Strange to say, I'm not sure if I will use this mod myself. I like the actual plantigrade beast races.

Edited by Derok

Compatibilty for the digigrade would be amazeing for these 2 argonian based mods im sure a lot of argonian players use them

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27676//? AmA - Argonian Mercenary Armor - With Armored Tail the tail armor still works and im useing currently

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23920//? Marsh Armor-Custom Ebony Argonian Hevy Armor

That's what I mean, the mod creates a folder that ALL vanilla races will use the same way they're normally using the vanilla animations. Now the normal paths for the animations are only used by you, so everyone in the game will use animations in that folder as long as they're a vanilla race, while any race that is not vanilla such as any custom race you use will use the ones you provide.

So the only thing it does it's help you have your own animations if you have a custom race. It doesn't let you use different animations for each race, aside from the folder it doesn't change anything in the vanilla system, so they (vanilla races) will still share animations.

I think there's no way to fix that since Skyrim was built that way, unless you can do something with FNIS to make khajiits and argonians use another set of animations, but that no one was ever able to do it shows how unlikely that is.

My idea wasen't to use PC Exclusive Animation Path to give only the player fitting animations, but to use it as a reference to give the beast-races their own animations (with a new path) the way they did it for all vanilla-races (basicly reducing what that mod does to beast-races only and maybe with seperate paths).

My idea wasen't to use PC Exclusive Animation Path to give only the player fitting animations, but to use it as a reference to give the beast-races their own animations (with a new path) the way they did it for all vanilla-races (basicly reducing what that mod does to beast-races only and maybe with seperate paths).

That's why I said, the game is structured like that and seems that either no one ever tried, or there's not an efficient way to achieve that. We'd have to ask someone experienced in animations like fore or someone. With the little experence as auser that I have, I'd say it isn't possible.

That's why I said, the game is structured like that and seems that either no one ever tried, or there's not an efficient way to achieve that. We'd have to ask someone experienced in animations like fore or someone. With the little experence as auser that I have, I'd say it isn't possible.

Well, why not simply add the guys from PC Exclusive Animation Path to the list of people that could be asked (after all, they sort of are experienced with animations). I basicly have zero experience with creating mods (while having some ideas and an urge to change that), so all I can say that these people might have an answer to the animation-problem. If that'd be true we'd have that problem solved, if not, we simply have to ask someone else until the answer is found.