Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dryfclr5: It's Christmas, dude. They won't work during holidays.

They are still making the mod, and people is aware of this. But, once again... We are in holidays, so they are taking a well-needed rest, enjoying with their family or food. Their food family and/or other people.

Happy Holidays to the people making, helping, and checking the mod :)

@Dryfclr5: It's Christmas, dude. They won't work during holidays.

They are still making the mod, and people is aware of this. But, once again... We are in holidays, so they are taking a well-needed rest, enjoying with their family or food. Their food family and/or other people.

Happy Holidays to the people making, helping, and checking the mod :smile:

Uhm, but no updates since 19th? and back then wasn't christmas.

Yeah... speaking for myself: No.

Holidays be damned, I'm doin' things 90% the same, and saving the extra 10% to make time to make excuses in order to avoid all the annoying horse*^%& tied to this time of year. Can't speak for Derok, though.

To my knowledge, I've modeled and textured the new bodies as best I could for the templates/concepts we've worked off of so far. Basically, at the moment, it's a matter of Derok's free time and his preferences, seeing as how he needs to import the bodies, then make the normal maps for the new feet. His part is harder than mine.

And Didact2401, to address your concern about the UV map, I can't do that. It's beyond me. The feet are new models, constructed with Zspheres, then sculpted at high poly counts, then broken down with Dynamesh. Once I had finished that, I generated the UVs with UV Master. They were made automatically, and not manually, because I cannot manually tie the UVs of the feet to the UVs of the main body... because I don't know how. I have just enough 3D/texturing skills to make something look passable, whilst simultaneously remaining unhireable in the 3D field.

As for texture seams, that won't be an issue, so long as either I, or someone as simple as me, paints/projects directly onto the 3D model, using basic color information, rather than painting it with something like Photoshop. The UVs of the feet were generated to be applied to the mesh, not to make sense to the human eye for editing purposes; editing them requires direct model painting.

Once/whenever Derok is done importing and testing the new bodies, he'll most likely run them through all the animations to make sure they work, then he'll finish the UV maps, then the mod should be done.

In theory.

Sometime.

Eventually...

Based on the responses, something I said must have lightly triggered a sympathy switch somewhere, so I'll try to clarify.

If I sounded morose about the holidays, trust me when I say that I positively enjoy it when I'm not roped in to the much ado about nothing of this season. If it was the "unhireable" comment in the 3D field, then know that I'm not perusing a career in 3D. I'm a 3D hobbyist, and the comment was meant to give folks a better idea of my skill level in these matters, to better understand where the progress is, how it gets made and how it can be slowed down.

And to damian84, no. I do not think that Derok will want me to change the body shape again. So it should still be fine, and they should work with the armor you have generously taken the time to convert for the mod. Once Derok has the imports complete, and he has finished the normal maps, your armor will make the mod much better when it is ready to be released.