Do I have to create a new ESP everytime I save in Creation kit? (Noob

AlienSensei

<p>I'd like to save/overwrite my mod since the name was "TestThingy" but now I'm hoping to add something better and maybe even upload it. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="color:#ffffff;"><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>1. How do I merge ESP's?</strong></span></span></p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="color:#ffffff;"><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>2. Do I have to create a new ESP everytime I save? <span style="font-family:georgia, serif;">(<span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">Which causes me having to play with multiple ESP's at once, I want them all in one!)</span></span> </strong></span></span></p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="color:#ffffff;"><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>3. How do I save an ESP without creating a new ESP? </strong></span></span></p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="font-size:18px;">Hey, thanks. Please reply as it's probably an easy answered question.</span> TY!</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

Edited by AlienSensei

If you have your inital ESP and you've not made a second ESP with other changes and all you really want is to have a better name for the initial ESP and then add new stuff, simply open your Windows Explorer and navigate to the Skyrim > Data directory, right click on the ESP and choose rename.

Specific answers:

1 -- If you already have two ESPs that you want to merge together, you may have some success using TES5Edit.

2 -- No. When you select what masters to load select also the mod that you want to work with. Just be sure that you set it to be the active mod otherwise it will try to make a new ESP (one that won't work properly either as ESPs can't be parents to other ESPs without some temporary adjustments)

3 -- See # 2

Hope that helps.

If you have your inital ESP and you've not made a second ESP with other changes and all you really want is to have a better name for the initial ESP and then add new stuff, simply open your Windows Explorer and navigate to the Skyrim > Data directory, right click on the ESP and choose rename.

Specific answers:

1 -- If you already have two ESPs that you want to merge together, you may have some success using TES5Edit.

2 -- No. When you select what masters to load select also the mod that you want to work with. Just be sure that you set it to be the active mod otherwise it will try to make a new ESP (one that won't work properly either as ESPs can't be parents to other ESPs without some temporary adjustments)

3 -- See # 2

Hope that helps.

Hey, thanks. But how do I rename my ESP? I don't see an "Change name" option on it.