SKSE "Please update to the latest version of Skyrim" Launcher

CZeroCraft

From the SKSE page:

Current release build (1.6.9, compatible with runtime 1.8.151.0.*): http://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse_1_06_09.7z (readme)

Current beta build (1.6.11, compatible with beta runtime 1.9.29.0.*): http://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse_1_06_11.7z

Should have chosen the other one.

Hi, I've downloaded the 1 06 09 that Compatible with my Skyrim Version, but when I copied all of the Files and the Folder in the thing and Overwrited I open the SKSE it say that the File have Virus, is that Problem from my Anti-Virus or the Script Extender have Virus??Thanks.

From the SKSE page:

Current release build (1.6.9, compatible with runtime 1.8.151.0.*): http://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse_1_06_09.7z (readme)

Current beta build (1.6.11, compatible with beta runtime 1.9.29.0.*): http://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse_1_06_11.7z

Should have chosen the other one.

Hi, I've downloaded the 1 06 09 that Compatible with my Skyrim Version, but when I copied all of the Files and the Folder in the thing and Overwrited I open the SKSE it say that the File have Virus, is that Problem from my Anti-Virus or the Script Extender have Virus??Thanks.

This might be because your Anti-Virus don't trust your program that you download.

It might be your Anti-Virus. If I were you, I would uninstall SKSE and download by searching at Google or msn or something else. My point is that you search it, not by clicking at the link that's been give. I tried and no virus or it is just my Anti-virus.

The problem is that I don't have the latest version of Skyrim so it won't work. It would be helpful if someone help me about this situation. Please hurry because I'm trying something stupid by now and I have more like 20 crashes. Glad I know how to solve it.

Edited by DarkNexus657

• 4 months later...

I have a similar problem, although I dont have my skyrim through steam. The current release of SKSE (1.6.16) requires runtime 1.9.32.0, but mine is 1.7.7.0. How do I update my Skyrim without steam support? I would just find the SKSE that works for my runtime but a bunch of mods that I want to use say they require 1.6.16 or newer for SKSE.

I have a similar problem, although I dont have my skyrim through steam. The current release of SKSE (1.6.16) requires runtime 1.9.32.0, but mine is 1.7.7.0. How do I update my Skyrim without steam support? I would just find the SKSE that works for my runtime but a bunch of mods that I want to use say they require 1.6.16 or newer for SKSE.

You have to run the latest version of Skyrim for many mods to function. Are you saying you don't have Steam at all or just are not using it currently to run your game?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Skyrim was made to require Steam - SKSE was made to work with the legal steam version of Skyrim. Not using Steam with either of these means your version is NOT the same as the legitimate version. If it was the same it would work with no changes. If it is not the same, that means our help, which is based on the LEGAL version only is useless to you. And you get to bang your head against the wall in frustration because you are too cheap to support the game maker by actually buying the game.

If you do not have steam, please - READ the instruction that says Steam is required. We DO NOT support any except the legal Steam version of Skyrim here - If you refuse to use Steam that is not something that we will help you with. Instead, I suggest you go to wherever you got the game and ask them for help. Or stop being so cheap and actually support the game makers.

Hint: Get the legal Steam version - you will be amazed at how much easier that makes modding.

Obviously many people posting here have not bothered to read the Terms of service they agreed to when they signed up. Here is an excerpt.

Piracy
We have a strict anti-piracy policy and we take a proactive and preemptive stance on anyone who gives us reason to believe is using a pirated version of any game or software. We only support official game versions and users should not provide help to others requesting help with unofficial game versions (e.g. cracked games). If your on-site activities provide us with sufficient evidence that you are a software pirate then you will be instantly banned. If you ask for help with a cracked game then your posts or topics may be set to hidden or deleted, and persisting to ask for help with your cracked copy may result in your account being banned.

More information on our anti-piracy policy can be found
on our forums.

Topic closed as it is leading into discussions on pirated games.