i am upset and completely lost here...

Domino44G

I DON'T KNOW WHAT SOME OF YOU ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT! I came here to try and get a little more realistic movement out of Oblivion characters and nothing works. I don't know half of walk your saying. I see files for BBB I download them and get the same stiff Indian statue animations. you guy don't know when to stop talking like everyone knows this like you. I don't! That's why I came here. I don't go to the doctor because I already know biological medicine. I am a complete novice that was simply looking for a better experience with Oblivion than the wooden character Xbox 360 version that I've been stuck with for years. now that i finally got the whole PC thing happening, I cant make this work and I don't understand why. you can all get mad at me if you want but I am so damned frustrated trying to "get It". I don't get it.I got the installer beta here, the OBSE, I got several of these BBB things that don't... well... bounce. I don't know why and i don't even know if i'm getting the right stuff. Hgecs bbb isn't Better bouncing boobs? So it's adapted for it? then where's the Better bouncing boobs? The actual bouncing part? what's that file called? Just, in plain English PLEASE tell me what to get, where it actually is on this site, and which of the multiple installer/launcher/loaders is used to install them; ya know, because i'm just about done trying and ready to through this game in the trash.

It is sometimes confusing as there are so many versions and choices.

However as with any mod you need to download and run one file at a time...not a bunch. Now the first thing you need is to DL the HGEC http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/15802 (dont install yet) even in this file there are many variants. I have no idea if this old of a file will work with the NMM installer but some installer is needed. I use this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5010 which you can use for either OB or Skyrim.

If after loading this mod manager (it will give you an installer and you just have to direct it to the right path) you will need OBSE http://obse.silverlock.org/ to eventually run the animations.

SO get the installer, get the OBSE and install those first. Then you can install the first file for the HGEC..if you can't figure out how come back here. I would also start with a clean Oblivion install, you will need to delete (or move) your file in the user/documents/my games (where your save games are) to do a clean install as when you uninstall the game it typically doesn't get those files.

Come back and calmly ask questions and I will try to help you from there

i'm done. One requires the other be installed before; then the other programs says the same thing in return. Not to mention that there are several files and apps on that page to download. I really thought this was going to be fun, something different from all the day to day BS but it's just another reason to give up. I have wasted hours trying to get something working here and now i'm leaving feeling unintelligent and depressed. back to the xbox, I guess.

I told you EXACTLY what to do and where to begin and was willing to walk you through this. Mods are not always easy especially the things you want to run. I told you EXACTLY where to start here. And we don't have "apps" so I have no clue what you are even reading at this point.

The only unintelligent move I see you have made is to not try to listen to someone willing to help you step by step in this process. Have fun with your xbox.

BBB is a combination of three things.

Clothing or body meshes with BBB bone weights (this is generally what you'll actually see labeled "BBB". There are plenty of these available, including full stock clothing and armor replacers.

A skeleton with the proper bones added, without this not only will BBB not work, but you'll get weird distortions and stretching. I always recommend the Universal Skeleton

Finally you need animations to tell those bones how to bounce, the NoMaam BBB Animation Replacer is a good place to start.

Which I would have gotten to had we made it through the first and simplest of things as per his post he didn't understand what anyone was talking about. I tried to start at the beginning. *shrug*

No but you do for any walking animations that I would have recommended last so his person doesn't stand and walk in the vanilla way that pretty much ruins all the BBB stuff.

NoMaaM doesn't require OBSE ... it's simple replacer.

@ Domino44G ... I understand your pain. I remember what it was like when I was first starting.

If you haven't given up completely we can help but it will take time. First step is always to get the game running properly without any mods installed. On that subject the first thing to take care of is making sure you haven't installed the game in the default location (don't install in either C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files unless you are using Windows XP ... C:\Games is the recommended location). I'm not familiar with the installer that Lisnpuppy linked for you but if you are having trouble with it there are other options.