NPC AI

Aqualeo322

Hi you all. I have a question. I'm using a mod which allows me to convert NPC's to a faction and keep them around wherever I want. In the mod they usually go to sinkhole cave but I put them in Battlehorn Castle. The issue is I used TES4 to see the AI Packages and they are there but in game they wont sleep or eat. Just wander and do other stuff does AI have a priority list or a way to be activated? I used refscope and it says no AI packages are being used. It has some behaviors that are only allowed in sinkhole but the package for general sleep and eat is there. Can anyone enlighten me in the matter?

The CS for Oblivion is free so why not use it?? You see stuff like that much easier in it and you will be able to correct it easy. Well I use TES4EDIT as well, specially when I wanna copy settings from others mods when mine is loaded in CS and to clean stuff and it is a cool tool, no doubt.

If you need help in CS about how to edit the AI, adding or removing, we help you but also peek in CS WIKI AI section it doesn't matter if we debate it here or in the Oblivion CS section but it is maybe best to debate it there if needed... :wink:

Edited by Pellape

The game evaluates which AI package to run from the top of the list to the bottom and runs the first one that meets conditions (time etc).

Sleeping packages need the bed to be unowned for most NPCs to use them (especially outside their regular cell) along with some other factors. What are the exact particulars of the NPCs (i.e. bandit, some Joe Blow who was walking down the road etc) and exactly what mod are you using to "keep them around"?

The mod I'm running is Plunder from loverspk. You can turn bandits marauders etc. you want into plunderers or slaves. And you can hire NPC's that arent in that category and make them companions. They have diferent personality atributes but the AI applies in the same way. So from what I understood there isn't a package for a specific target. What exists are packages that apply to all members in the "Plunder Faction". The AI package is there but it isn't working even when I change ownership to the faction. I don't know how to make something "unowned".

It's from lovers lab i can give u the link but it's a +18 mod :tongue: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8741-lovers-plunder/ but it needs this to work which is the frame in which it is build https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/354-lapf/ hope this won't get me banned. I was able to talk to the actual modder some time ago but since then he has dissapeared. I can't reach him anymore.

Edited by Aqualeo322

LL used to be on the Verboten list here, but I think it was primarily because back then they didn't have any age checks for an account or something like that (which has been since cleared up).