FO4 crashes after GPU spikes

mastersidiro

Hi guys,

since I upgraded my PC one year ago I didn't had that much time for games. While I had no problems with other games, Fallout 4 (modded) causes me trouble:

While playing it randomly crashes. This can happen regardless where I am. Taks Manager shows just a spike in GPU load before the crash. While I'm able to play the game with lower graphics, I really don't want to left ~50% of my GPU power unused. Over- and underclocking didn't help.

I attached screenshots of TaskManager, HWiNFO and Fallout Performance Monitor.

My assumptions:

• Maybe its the PSU?
  • Any mod going crazy with the new system

Specs: (My machine was intended for picture and light video processing and had no issues so far)

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • ASUS PRIME X570-P
  • 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8 GB (codename: TU106-410)
  • Win10 on NVM, game on Sata SSD

Need to find out what is spiking the GPU, I think that will be the root of your problem.

Any idea how to do that?

Are you going thru a loading zone? (interior or exterior, don't think it matters....)

It happens everywhere. Inside Sanctuary just walking in circles or outside somewhere in the Wasteland. From Taks Manager I can say, that the game doesn't necessary loads stuff into ram.

I am not sure how you would track that one down. Maybe look at disk access as well, and see if some program or other is attempting to do something with the GPU at that point. Might try running some malware scans as well, maybe it's some hackers bitcoin mining hack..... Disk access at the crash point may tell the tale. Need to know which program is doing the access though.... just seeing a spike won't help.