Questions about my horse . . .

ruvuk

Badly behaved horses can sometimes be because you don't actually own it, but didn't steal it. Such as if you have the fist fight with the owner of the Riften stables, you can take one of his horses but it will bugger off back to Riften all the time.

Hey can anybody help about a really funny / strange horse bug?

I don't know is it a mod conflict or some bug but i occurs after i have mounted my horse and then saved / load. After that when i move with my horse it just flies of to the sky and keeps flying for a while before falling to the ground.

I don't know is it a mod conflict or some bug but i occurs after i have mounted my horse and then saved / load. After that when i move with my horse it just flies of to the sky and keeps flying for a while before falling to the ground.

I have the same problem, and have no clue how to fix it. Thus, I just avoid using horses all together. :)

I have the same problem, and have no clue how to fix it. Thus, I just avoid using horses all together. :smile:

I had the problem too. I developed a voodoo practice that I stick to.

Never save from horseback. (I only manually save, but regularly)

Mount up but don't leave until all followers are in the saddle.

Stop every game K or so and let stragglers catch up.

When saving while traveling by horse, I halt, wait for stragglers, then dismount and do nothing major until everyone is out of mounted mode, then save.

Rinse and repeat, depending on the length of the journey. Many flaws are gone, especially the wild movements on starting a save from horse back.

I have never fast traveled so I cannot speak to that. I'm using CH and UFO.

Edit; I forgot to add the chicken feet to complete the voodoo....actually most of it may be superstition but not saving from horseback is the key to not flying off to the next village on a mounted save. Now what I did notice, when I was going through this, was that if you were quick and hit dismount , the aerial adventure was minimized. Which clued me in that CH or UFO or CIAP or Skyrim itself did not approve of putting your horse away while wet and hungry and your lard butt still sitting on it til your start the game again.

Edited by Shubal

One of my first mods installed was "Better Horses" always loved it has never gave me any problems. Just make sure it's one of the top 3 mod on the load list and it works fine. Everything you asked it can do and more.

Edited by Jason2112