Future Elder Scrolls Idea

Grantier

So I gave some thought for the next release in say 4-6 years. Can the new game continue to revolve around the dragonborn of Fourth Era Year 201? The only way I think would be that the dragonborn became a vampire even though that would be an unfavorable setting. But since the dragonborn of the Fourth Era is said to be the last, and he is a hero, wouldn't it be great that he became a vampire to emerge when the next end of the world crisis of the future? I wanted to add this because I believe this would be a great discussion, even if this has many problems. Wouldn't it be great to play your most beloved character again?

Please not hesitate to give opinions and your ideas.

Edited by Grantier

Nah that would suck. The thing about Elder Scrolls series is that you start with a completely new character in each game. The next Hero. Having it be a DIRECT sequel like that would pretty much kill the tradition and game-play (I mean dragonborn vampire? Your character would literally be able to kill anything and anybody he wants without a sweat).

Good insight, but now to whom will be the next epic hero considering the dragonborn pretty much wiped out all potential future threats. Now the setting of the next game. What era, what year, what area? Because this series has quite related to human history (Hard to type while eating with another hand).

Im not sure if it has to be Dragonborn given the history. In Morrowind you were the Nevevarine witch is quite possibly as powerful or more powerful as an dragonborn in different ways. Oblivion you were some random hero witch is quite refreshing given technically your not the main character that saves the day however you did play in very important roll in aiding the two dragonborns. Skyrim you were dragonborn... I havent played the elder scrolls before morrowind but it seems that they change it up a bit in every game. Its hard to tell what they will do for the next game but for me I would welcome a storyline like oblivion that your not the main character.... just because it seems like every rpg that you are and not being the main character as I said before its very refreshing.

So my hopes are that it will be in Black Marsh because I really want to see it and a possible introduction to Akavir

Edited by Bloodinfested

Respectfully Grantier, we thought the exact same thing in the previous installments. In Morrowind we defeated a demi-god; in Oblivion, the Daedric Prince of Destruction. Each installment draws a new threat, be it already hinted at in the lore, or introduced as a new world asset. I think it's only natural to assume that the same cornerstones of The Elder Scrolls will be maintained. The only question in my mind at this point is: a) which province the next installment is located, b) the status of the Empire, and c) if the next "big baddie" somehow involves the continent of Akavir, or if it's an entirely new threat.