Auto-refresh arrows

Reaper67

If you understand the scripting that I'm referring to, then you should know about while loops, waiting & how to use GetItemCount. Look these things up on the wiki if you aren't sure. They are all there.

I'd rather not write everyone's scripts or even possible examples all the time. It does take a bit of thought and effort. Please take the time to put forth the effort. It is much better to see you try and post a script that turned out to not work than to do nothing but hope someone will come along and write one up for you.

Alright, alright I get it. No worries, I wasn't asking for an entire written example. I'm just looking for a little more than "check the wiki". I don't really have the time to put into that kind of research. I am willing to figure it out, but I also want to start with an actual source since the wiki never seems to lead where I'm trying to go. Like arrays, for instance. Which is where searching for the while loop got me.

You will find examples of the while loop in arrays because it is an easy method to cycle thru all the entries in an array or form list. It's like an If statement only you use While instead of If.

While (some statement is true)

Then do this

EndWhile

Sometimes you need to look less for a descriptive page and look more to examples on the wiki even if that example is stated to be about something else, you can still learn from it.

Ok did some research. I found that your suggestion isn't that hard to read, now I feel kinda dumb. Though it would work, I would rather keep some degree of control over the number of arrows (maybe use 5 so the quiver looks full). I'm playing around with the idea of placing the arrow counting script in a quest, but it seems to be more complicated than it needs to be. If I were to use an Update event, and register for said update in the OnEquipped event, would the update continue to loop, or run once and wait to be registered for again? I only ask because what I have found on Update events is not providing the answeres.

Objects in containers do not process update events. The player inventory is considered a container.

Either do an update event on the playeralias of a dummy quest or use the while loop inside the onequipped event of the bow. If there is some other method, I don't know it.