Recent site updates and NMM 0.44.3 released

Dark0ne

sad to say but it will not load in my comp dont know y upset cause 44.1 worked fin now i cant get this one to even load after i have clean that whole thing out i stuck with mod that run part way and i did the trace log but dont know if i put it in here or where

im 46 play part of the time and cant get on to play what i want now so if i could i would like some help

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7629193.

Sorry that happened. You got me by 16years but after work, I play. I didn't download any of the versions because I hate inconveniences so I usually wait it all out till after a month at the least and then give it a shot, Especially after all comments turn to positive ones. I suggest you do the same next time man.

In response to post #7616037. #7617084, #7623866 are all replies on the same post.

Ok.. i just re read that.. are you saying that FNIS uses TXT file formats instead of INI file formats for its mod?? I haven't tested FNIS as I'm testing way too many other mods right now.

Yes FNIS uses a txt format as do a few others. The readme exclusion is minimally a useful feature and its implementation of not copying all txt files is like killing a fly with artillery. Hardly the best example of responsible coding. NMM is a sweet mod but this was a significant and frustrating stumble. A string comparison for "readme" would have been much more elegant.

Getting frustrated now, mods are diapering from my mod list and I am still getting duplicate mods. For example, I have the Vilja mod, but 5 dupe's of it in the list, then had a red hair and green eye mod installed for her now there nowhere to be found on the list. Same thing with Apachie Hair, getting that duped 3-4 times and opt files that go along with it gone completely off the list and so on. And when I try to re-download the missing mods, they dupe on a restart and get put in the unassigned folder.

Now I fell Like I have to uninstall this mod manager and all mods and start over, when all I wanted to do was come home from work and play Skyrim modded the way I had it, now I don't know whats going on and simply scared that stuff is gone and that it will mess up my save data or corrupt it because stuff is missing.

Don't get me wrong, I thank you for this tool and the web sight you provide us to mod with, alot of work go's into it and I can appreciate that. It's just I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix this cluster eff worried that I will have to completely uninstall everything and start from scratch just to get it back to the way it was and that could take days.

Is there anyway to fix this with out uninstalling everything and starting from scratch or is it just F.U.B.A.R and I'm S.O.L. ? And on a side note now, I launched NMM for New Vegas and well, all the Plugins are listed, but none of the mods are listed, can't do S with it. Think I'm done tell this mess is fixed.

Edited by Wulfhound72

In response to post #7630005.

Actually agreed on that one. Thus I edit all my mods for NMM Compatibility before I install them. I put all related, renamed to the corresponding mod name, text documents and images into a Docs Folder. So far I've never run into a problem. Then again...I haven't run into a mod that uses TXT files for referencing like this FNIS you're talking about.

I admit that NMM should NOT extract files from a mod but rather crossreference the text file in a document folder structure like I mentioned from above.

I "MIGHT" post this lil guide on my page also but here goes...

"BASIC NMM INSTALLATION GUIDE"

Download the latest version.

Goto the NMM installation folder\Skyrim folder\Mods folder. If your mods haven't already been messed up, copy your mods somewhere if you have the hard drive space. If not...good luck.

Highlight ALL the mods but UNHIGHLIGHT the subfolders in the Mods folder.

Right Click on all the MODS you have, and make them READ ONLY. This is temporary and just for safety, and MAY not work as I do not know if NMM will overwrite read only files without notification anyhow so the above may just be a mute and unnecessary precaution.

DISCONNECT YOURSELF FROM THE INTERNET. Firewall, physically.. whatever. This is in an attempt to prevent any automatic functions that NMM attempts to do when it installs itself. Currently its because of this MASSIVELY annoying non-notifying autoupdate mods function. The set to READ ONLY from above SHOULD fix it but...

Install NMM

Look for the options and turn off ALL functions. Autoupdate, readme extraction, etc etc...again...not knowing if this actually STOPS NMM from doing any of it anyhow atm...

Now pray...and reconnect yourself to the internet.

Hey.. I did NOT say to run NMM yet. NOW run NMM in TRACE mode.. i think that's the offline mode of NMM...not sure but it's been "less" buggy for me to use generally.

Hope this guide helped a lil. Blessings to all.

What the hell has this done to my skyrim mods?

It took me so long to set everything up and now i have duplicates all over the place.

Great work guys, really well done.

Edit, I can't believe you udated mods I didn't want to change without asking, Also I specifically renamed all my mods so I could easily keep track (did this well before the catagories feature) and now they're all over the shop and completely fecked up.Some of them are unrecognisable as the names mean nothing. What the feck is "core_mod_with_updated_readme-1094-0-"? which is an installed mod apparently.

It looks like ill have to redownload everyhting and do a fresh install of Skyrim. That's over 100 hrs of gameplay down the crapper too.

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by ZombieWombles

While I really like the new comment, reply and sticky functionality it really bothers me that I can't self moderate my comments and delete comments. Sometimes I'd like to delete my own comments because it sounds like I'm babbling. Other times there are trolling comments or comments where a user who is not familiar with how mods work will start going on a rant on the comment page. They can leave a whole page of negative frustration filled comments only to find out that they had a mod conflict causing the issue all along etc. That whole page of negative comments can drive a way new subscribers. I think it would be good to give back the ability to delete comments. Even you tube allows you to self moderate, I think mod authors should have the same level of functionality.