Recent site updates and NMM 0.44.3 released

Dark0ne

In response to post #7616037. #7617084 is also a reply to the same post.

ok.. just WHAT referenced TXT files? SKSE files are stored in the SKSE subfolder...as for ANY other " *.TXT" files? I've deleted ALL of them and the game still runs, with a few hundred mods. " *.INI" files should NEVER be screwed with.

mod files should use a "Docs" folder in the Data directory named accordingly after the mod. Same with images under a subfolder of that Doc's folder. A FEW modders do it this way and blessings to all of em but you can't expect the NMM team for a drawback to work on someone elses work. NMM team does enough work helping us out as they do.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of a request.. Since SKSE and SkyUI are a pair of the most widely "used" files, would it be possible for the Nexus community to always have those 2 files available on the main site page WITH permissions from the authors of course. My endorsement for the request is YO ! Anyone else?

Bah. Grumpy old Gramps here. I alway post on the NMM main Nexus page. This'll be a first and I'll probably forget about this page anyhow.

As always..to the Nexus team....many many blessings and hugs sent to all of you for the work you put into this and for listening to the community comments and suggestions.

Now. A question. If a Mod i'm using hasn't been updated since 2011 and said modder has no OTHER mods updated or listed, is it permissible to reupload that same mod under a "correctly" renamed version even though I cannot find the original modder's page? I don't want any credit for re-upped mods. Just want to keep old, working mods alive.

NMM Compatibility file structure for modding.

Still finding MOD bugs. NOT Nmm...i don't think people actually LOOK here for help. For NMM compatibility it's a file structure problem.

ZIPFILEROOT

BSA's

ESP or ESM'sss

Docs Folder...I copy the modder html page as a txt doc and put it in here WITH the url as the top line for submissions to BOSS

NOTE: If there is NO Folder in the zip file NMM automatically CREATES a Data folder IN the Data folder and then places the files from the mod in there. Fun.

Blessings to all !

Edited by Thorne67

it's extremely unfair how they only respond to simple questions such as the readme issue.... or responding to someone saying thank you for a patch but ignores when people actually have problems like crashing and can't find anything to fix it. figures, again i repost, maybe there's someone that isn't ignorant on this site and is actually willing to help.

In response to post #7625295.

Here's what I'd do. Go to the bug tracker, post your problem and include your tracelog, which is located at 'My Documents' -> 'Nexus Mod Manager'.

Usually, people here won't be able to help because they don't know the solution, or like you said, it doesn't happen to them. And yes, I know I'm the dude that can't help you with the problem, but the suggestion I posted just might.

Yea.. REALLY need to fix that automatic mod updater thing.. you know how LONG it takes to download a 1 gig file on 56k?? That's all that's available out here in the desert for those who're about to rag on this old man. Tried satellite...too expensive and too buggy out here.

Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but a few days ago the update log link on the individual mod page ceased to exist - not clickable at all. They still exist in the Tracking Center and on the Files page for the individual mod. Please re-enable as it was heavily used. Let me know if you understand where I mean.