Anyone tried the newest blender ?

dzorro

2.66 ?? It is one major step forward, but there is none excisting way of fully export an animation for games like oblivion or fallout3/new vegas.

Also does anyone know a good tutorial for Bipped rigging in blender ?? i seen Breeze his bipped kit for fallout 3 but it seem to have some problems when using option like bake constrain, when you try to delete this it just crashes blender and you lose all your hard work.

I am aware of the new Blender, and am in the process of learning how to use version 2.62, and 2.49. But I was under the impression that for early games such as Oblivion, FO3, and FONV...you had to use Blender 2.49. The reason being that a plugin was needed to read and save 'nif' files, along with the texture, UV map assignments and such, and this was available only for version 2.49. Is there a plugin available now for the newer Blender version for nif files now? Guess I'll have to look into this.

I hope some one who is experienced with Blender can anwser this.

Hi, I have both 2.49b and 2.66 of blender.

Havent gotten around to a project that will require the importing or exporting of skyrim nifs but i expect to just work back and forthe inbetween the programs using obj format since i would like to get accustomed to 2.66.

I encountered a bug with exporting mtl file from 2.49b that was not a problem in new one.

Dont know about animation. u probably want to just work in 2.49b for now?

I have been out of the loop and am not aware of what differences there are betweeen the skyrim and fallout 3 versions of the nif.

it would make sense that the existing features still work for the most part after u fix it with nifskope.

Anyway the 2.5.8 for 2.49b

2.6.0 alpha exists for blender 2.62 and probably depends on what features you need for working/testing

anyway go to the http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

for reading about it and stuff.

Thanks for those links, but i already kept an watchfull eye on that forum. But i always stayed away from alpha releases since it could pose a problem later on, i would rather jump on it if it was out of alpha stage.

Blender 2.49b is really showing it's age now. and i really miss new additions that where added after 2.5 releases.

Skyrim currently has a script now so you can use that to export directly from newer blender. It's just importing is a bit problematic and older games i mentioned.

As for skyrim importing itself you can still use fallout settings from nifscript for version 2.49b

Are you the same neomonkeus from niftools forum if so i would like to report that alpha script you guys released has been deleted from dropbox site you guys pointed too.

Edited by dzorro

Yeah I am aware of the broken links, its is only temporary. I am currently making a new dev build as there was a large issue with the collision export, which seems to have crept in, which we are still tracking down. Nasty little bugger.

Its actually my dropbox and its also getting some rearrangement, which is why the link itself is broken. Once the new build is ready a new link will be made available.

Also I am a clone. It has become a lot easier to do with the advent of 3d printers. :wink:

Edited by neomonkeus

Just to let you know that the broken link has been fixed to point to a new development build. Fixes for some major crashes relating to collisions, though a few known issues are still on-going.

In other news, parallel development is now underway by our other Blender Nif Plug-in developer Ghostwaker71, starting into some features for the next milestone. To keep things on topic, he has made a lot of progress on getting armature & skinned meshes importing and will be working on exporting soon. Very promising.

Once the last few features for the current milestone are completed we will also prioritize getting BMesh integration running, so we can run on 2.63+ versions.

Edited by neomonkeus

We have always aimed for rolling support, ie. adding features one at a time. Its just that it has taken a lot of time to take of the things that don't appear to do much but allow things to get rolling much quicker when they do. a lot of work goes in and there doesn't seem to be anything happening, then when those few things come together lots of things come along at once. That said I would not like to estimate a timeframe for anything :wink:

For the latest news remember to check out the niftools forums blender development section.

Edited by neomonkeus