Louisiana Trip

Adras

Alligator sausage eh? :P Glad to know they're useful for something other than tearing people's limbs off!

And yes, what are scrimpies?

I havent a clue what scrimpies are O.o But I've heard that Grits are good, so I gotta try them... Unfortunatly, I dont like sea food, so when I go down, if we go out to eat, then I'm limited basically to chicken, burgers or steak =o) But that doesnt bother me.

When I cook Jambalaya it has tiger prawns in it as well as chorizo. I seem to recall having blackened catfish and blackened chicken in New Orleans. Hot and spicy - just what the doctor ordered!

But what are scrimpies?

I still havent a clue O.o

And, yes Brighid, I'll be at the Union Station, so I'll see if we might be able to get there. Is it free to just go around in it and check it out?

*PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST*

• 2 weeks later...

Finally here. After 22 hours on a train and 9 in Chicago (my times earlier were a little off), I'm here. I went to the Sears Tower and actually stood at the bottom of it (I didnt want to touch the building incase one of the security guards came and hit me with their Billy Club over the head) and I couldnt believe how tall it was. From the station I got a pic of the top and then I got some pics of the side and the building next to it. It was great, but warm. And I got a blister on each of my middle toes :blink: I suppose thats what I get for being a (I dont know what you Chicagoians call Fudgies) Chicago Fudgie.

The train ride was great. the people were extremely nice and they would talk to you and everything. I would greatly suggest that the next time you have to travel a long distance, I would go Amtrack. Dont go on Fridays though. I heard they were a mean crew =oP Well I better be off... Once I get the pictures developed, I'll put a few on the MB. Toodles.

(BTW- Its hot down here in the Boot)

Archived