Struggling to get my head around this, looking for help.

Job4aCowboy

I'd still be curious to know if the other script would work with that one little change.

But hey glad you got something going.

Yes, I shall try it out and let you know.

​Also, this is off topic, but I'll ask anyway. Do you know how to make it so an action that the player does is considered a crime? Basically if they are caught activating this "chest" successfully, they'll get a bounty equal to assault.

Just tested it, and it does work your way too.

That's good to know. At least now you've got two options that you can use. Tho I'd imagine you'd prefer using the one that you came up with on your own. Which is cool cause you know how it works and how to understand it should you wish to adapt it in the future.

I'll keep both version for reference, the next step is to script in the "crime" part lol.

Were/How did you learn to script?

I'm getting there slowly, this is the first time I've done anything like this, didn't even know what a script was a couple of weeks ago. But there seems to be a lack of tutorials on the subject that go into some depth but maintain an easy to understand format.

Thanks again, I know I've said that a few times but you don't know how much of a headache that was giving me lol.

And btw, your tutorial on esp master files help me a lot too, so thanks for that aswell.

Where did I learn to script? Self taught. My first mod was http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21132

I wasn't planing on getting into Skyrim modding, having just left Baldur's Gate modding behind. I didn't want to be there with the whole Enhanced Edition thing coming out. Anyway, I was looking at different mods to use and saw some people complaining about a wood chopping mod that allowed you to chop *forever* (like for over 15000 wood). I, too, was tired of only getting 6 pieces of wood. Yes, that's about a typical arm-load but without the animation of me carrying it somewhere, well I could carry more.

I asked in the forums if anyone knew how to adjust it without just changing the default value. Didn't get much help if at all. So I started reading up on the Creation Kit wiki and trying things out. Next thing you know, I've got a functioning script mod.

Didn't take much to jump over to ore veins and work on those. Then with all the firewood and ore, I needed something to carry it all. After all I'm too lazy to head back to a house or shop every 5 minutes. Thus I got further into scripting by using and modifying the Automatic Item Storage resources with a bag of holding.

Now I just pay attention to what stock or modded scripts do when I'm interested in something. I'd say that 90% of my mods revolve around scripting and what I can do with scripting.

Where did I learn to script? Self taught. My first mod was http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21132

I wasn't planing on getting into Skyrim modding, having just left Baldur's Gate modding behind. I didn't want to be there with the whole Enhanced Edition thing coming out. Anyway, I was looking at different mods to use and saw some people complaining about a wood chopping mod that allowed you to chop *forever* (like for over 15000 wood). I, too, was tired of only getting 6 pieces of wood. Yes, that's about a typical arm-load but without the animation of me carrying it somewhere, well I could carry more.

I asked in the forums if anyone knew how to adjust it without just changing the default value. Didn't get much help if at all. So I started reading up on the Creation Kit wiki and trying things out. Next thing you know, I've got a functioning script mod.

Didn't take much to jump over to ore veins and work on those. Then with all the firewood and ore, I needed something to carry it all. After all I'm too lazy to head back to a house or shop every 5 minutes. Thus I got further into scripting by using and modifying the Automatic Item Storage resources with a bag of holding.

Now I just pay attention to what stock or modded scripts do when I'm interested in something. I'd say that 90% of my mods revolve around scripting and what I can do with scripting.

Nice, so If I keep going as I am, it'll get easier. I've come far in these few weeks I think. Haven't even created a mod before Skyrim, and I released my first one (a house mod) a few days ago.

It's so addictive, especially the scripting. Frustrating when it doesn't work but when it does its awesome!