NMM bug fix release and download hacking problems fixed

Dark0ne

Cyber -terrorism is just another example of news media hyperbole. Blowing something way out of context to sell the news to the suckers who think that if it's in the news it MUST be so. Nothing new - google 'yellow journalism'. And it wasn't even new then.

True terrorism depends on the intent of the cyber attack. If the intent is to disrupt a commercial site and nothing else, then it is not terrorism. If the intent is to destroy infrastructure in the name of an ideology that backs terrorism as a way to combat some other competing ideology, and has the potential of costing lives - then maybe it could be classed as a terrorist activity. Otherwise it is merely a nuisance - even if it does cost the target money.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the virus is still around :(, I was downloading this mod....Ultra HD Hrothmunds Axe by FrankFamily

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34047

from the Seattle or San Jose servers...I used both for downloading two different versions of the same mod and got the Nexusmods.exe. I'm using ESET Node32 and it failed to detect it....I ran a scan and it still didn't flag it as a virus, but I know this is malware. I didn't execute it so no harm done, but just thought I'd mention it.

In response to post #7695626.

Try a different server. I get that from a few of them still. Try the Dallas server. Oops. Forgot.. which site were you trying to DL from? Edited by Thorne67

How about NEVER DIRECTLY RUN an EXE or COM file without virus scanning it first? Run it in a sandbox if yer not sure about it. If it's a NEXUS file...99 percent of nexus files are COMPRESSED. If there's an executable IN that compressed file the author should have stated so in his/her description. Still a good idea to virus check before running it anyhow.

Think about how MANY files, not just HERE.. oblivion nexus/dark one nexus..etc etc.. that the nexus team has to track and manage.

Let's do our best to help the team out and just report things as they happen.

Blessings to the team and everyone out there. Game on!

Gramps

I just got a Malicious download when I opened one of the images in the Lastest Images section on the front page of Skyrim Nexus. I tried to stop the download but it finished too quickly. I think McAfee blocked and removed it (It said it did) but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: I did a quick Malwarebytes scan and it didn't find anything so hopefully McAfee got it.

Btw, the page was blue with a download progress bar in the center of the page.

Edited by Kalell