NMM bug fix release and download hacking problems fixed

Dark0ne

In response to post #7637541.

Yea.. i was getting it too but ended up with a bluish...highlighter line across the mod. Mine would crash NMM on an installation of BIG mods...over 40mb...still worked fine though. Just a bug that'll work itself out eventually.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7637623.

Sounds like you are savvy enough to keep your browser up-to-date... I think Chrome does that anyways for you... though doublechecking it is always good. Anyways, it's fine on my end... I use Chrome, and the site seems to all be working fine. Maybe try doing a hard refresh ([ctrl]+F5) to clear the cache for the site and update things. I've heard that'll do the trick sometimes.

In response to post #7635205. #7636326, #7636511, #7637460 are all replies on the same post.

Again. I concur. Zip it up. If it's an exe use Better or Maximum compressions unless the actual ?MOD? is huge in itself. If that's the case then just stick with "good" compression. Saves on UP/DL space too.BTW.. how were you able to upload an exe file? I'm only allowed "compressed" files to upload...heh. all my stuff is text files anyhow. LoL Edited by Thorne67

In response to post #7637541. #7637739 is also a reply to the same post.

Thx, Thorne. No crashes for me, but have to close out anyhow, because with no boxes showing, I couldn't tell which plugins were active or not, in NMM.
This was ver 44.3 that gave you the problem, I'm assuming? -Let's hope .4 is kinder

So I was just wandering if the whole malware problem was fixed and finished or not? and if it is safe to download mods or updates? because I read the bug fix for nexus .44.4 and it basically said that they fixed the problem and 100% safe to continue, but quiet a bit of comments have talked as if the malware was still up and causing problems. so could someone please answer that would be a lot of help for me.

"To make it worse only 4 of the 20 main anti-virus programs people use flagged this as a virus."

I would love to know, what were the 4 AV programs that caught it?

Edited by Bundy714

For those wanting to know which detects it you can check the results at www.virustotal.com, detected by 6 of 45 engines.

Direct results report:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5ecc0a04d4c2cd1b29f1a28155437bc32ce7039ce1c575575ac0e9ff9ba36668/analysis/

Watch the line wrap there as you may have to copy and paste the link. I have submitted the file to Symantec so hopefully they will add to definitions.

Edited by Voodoo McGee