⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Help with Activators in Creation Kit

SephiraSkye

Link0Knight in case you are still interested. You did almost everything right.

I did what Tamira advised:

It should be possible to make an activator out of any static object . All it needs: The model must have collision and the new object must have a name.

Edit a simple activator like BurialCairn01. Give it a new ID, give it a name (necessary for activation) and in the model checkbox point to the Mage Statue nif. At last add your script.

... And then I followed you instructions. It worked.

EDIT: Sorry, I had a closer look and it seems what Tamira wrote works on the cairn with mage statue skin. I can use the statue and it says Hello World, but the trigger is useless.

And when I gave a try to the the cairn with the breton mage skin it didn't worked.

EDIT2: Well, I had an even closer look and there are to things worth to mention:

1. If you use Tamira's method, then you can actually use the placed object, you don't need the trigger. This don't work with LoadScreenBretonMage, but works fine with MageStatue. It's interesting, because both are STATIC.

2. The other method is to use the script on the trigger box what is around the figure.

Edited by Gilron

• 3 months later...

By far the easiest way to do this is to duplicate an invisible activator, name it what you want displayed to the player, resize to suit and place it on the static, then attach you script to that.

@Gilron:

Very belated reply but I did not notice your edit.

quote :

" If you use Tamira's method, then you can actually use the placed object, you don't need the trigger. This don't work with LoadScreenBretonMage, but works fine with MageStatue. It's interesting, because both are STATIC."

This is because the LoadScreenBretonMage has no collision. An object needs to have collision or there will be no activation prompt.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to hide activators in the render window, as you can hide light markers trees etc. ? I want to select a light source and it selects an activator ... drives me crazy to bugger around with it. So how can I hide everything except the light markers ?

Edited by SkyrimFantom

@SkyrimFantom:

Briefly I don't know how to hide activators but:

Under the View tab there is a Show/Hide Window option and there you could hide the activators. To me it's always greyed out so I can't. Maybe that's only for me. I don't know more yet.

Edited by Gilron