Oblivion OBGE simple question.

Tethius

I installed obge 3 and obge standalone affects using bash. I have activated no shaders, and have left all settings default. I am getting my fps reduced by 15-25 frames even though absolutely no shaders are active. I figured out how the use them well enough, but, like I said, just by simply installing them, leaving all settings at default, and not adding a single shader, i have lost half my fps. Is there something I can do to get my vanilla oblivion fps back, since, at the moment, these are doing nothing to my graphics, yet cutting my fps in half.

Edited by Tethius

I haven't used OBGE in the longest time. Does it still come with the support plugin? Because if it does, that plugin will load every single shader in your shaders.txt file -- disable it.

Yes, it still comes with the support plugin. As I stated, I figured out how to use the mod with no issues, i can load and disable shaders with no problems, its just that, even with all shaders disabled, the graphic extender itself, regardless of what it is doing to my game (in this case, nothing, since every single option is disabled) it still cuts my framrate in half, so I can only assume that just by having it installed, without actually turning on ANYTHING that it does, it cuts my framerate by half. I have tried with and without the support plugin, and with and without editing the shader list directly, the outcome is the same either way. With no shaders active, it still gives me a performance hit.

It doesn't matter now, I found something MUCH better, and since finding this, I've moved on to installing many other mods and everything is going smoothly.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41949 I would recommend this to anyone who wants to very simply, extend their graphics without enabling and disabling shaders, configuring shader settings, ect ect, to use this simple exe.

This is exactly the kind of thing that should be made more aware to more casual modders, its simple, easy, and works wonders for the graphics.

Edited by Tethius