Any recent Blender Armor "mashup" tutorials?

Radioactivelad

Trying to make a basic armor, followed this guide from the official GECK Wiki, and I get a mesh that has what I want, but is completely broken in-game and the geck, and I don't understand what I've evidentially done wrong.

Pretty much all I'm trying to do is take the leather armoring from Raul's Jumpsuit and put on this Vault jumpsuit (and also remove the shoulder pad on the right shoulder.).

Does anyone at least know some common missteps I've probably made?

Kind of. If you follow this guide it will teach you essentially the same concepts used to create an armor mashup, specifically all the tedious s#*! with rigging to skeletons and such. But if you're making an armor mashup all you really have to do is use Tailor Maid then import the leather armor piece and adjust it in blender so it doesn't clip into Raul's jumpsuit - no rigging or f*#@ing with meshes necessary. Just make sure you give credit to the correct people because the uploader had just ported Tailor Maid.

Using resources from Tailor Maid is inadequate, I'm trying to make a re placer mesh for the Armored Vault Suit.

Also I can say that in the last 5 hours of trying I've gotten no further and I don't understand how this can be so poorly documented.

(Yes I'm being pissy but seriously what the f***. Mesh mashes make up like 95% of new items on the Fallout/Tes nexus', yet there's no clear instructions on how to make such stuff anywhere.)

There are various tutorials available on the Mods Nexus that can help you. That is how I learned to use Blender. Most are available in the Oblivion Mods Nexus. Just check each game section and search Blender Tutorial.

There is also a user manual available here: https://archive.blender.org/wiki/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/

Since the tutorials are readily available and better written than I can do, I will end here.

Edited by M48A5

I've taken a go at writing a tutorial about, what I think you are trying to do. A walkthrough of editing/combining armor parts in blender and exporting them out again. Be advised it is long, I probably repeat myself, and some info is probably not 100% accurate. I didn't really want to go through uploading all the images to photobucket again and then link them into the the tutorial. So here's a pdf/"mod":

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/70791