[LE] Need help with scripts in quests

ThanksNex1

Hello everyone!

I here for the first time I write, do not judge strictly please!

I have been on the site for a long time and not long ago started making myself a mod for Skyrim. Created npc, music, camps for npc, name quests but still without stage. I made a mod about the Dark Brotherhood. (My own version). At first I made AI packages Enemies, they just fought and nothing else happened. I still keep the dialogues in my notebook, suddenly I have to change something. And I wanted to ask if someone can help me with scripts for starting quests? I know many of you have been creating mods for Skyrim for a very long time. And as a beginner, I still don't know how to work with scripts.I understand Everyone has their own things to do. And I know that many can ignore this post. But if you can help, I will be very HAPPY. Please Help! I will wait for your answers. Since english is not my native language, If I had an accent please excuse me. Thanks for your attention)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post will not be ignored, but don't expect to have someone right at your disposal whenever you need it to.

The best way for everybody and especially for you (you will learn this way) is to take it step by step.

like: "i want to do this..., how do i do it?", when you are done with it, then your next step, and so on... and so on...

Edited by maxarturo

If I had an accent please excuse me.

LOL! No worries, it's a Wonderful World, full of variety! :smile:

The way I started quests in my mods is for the player to find a book or a letter, and reading that starts the quest and enabled the quest in the Journal and the map location marker.

On reaching the location and finding the quest object, you read another book and that completes the quest and gives you the rewards.

The only NPcs I made was a Wraith you had to kill to get his journal and other items (not really an NPC), and a Spirit Wolf spell (which is not really an NPC, either), plus some corpses lying at the road side which had journals and other gear for you to find. Reading their journals startted a quest.

So I don't know much about making living NPCs, and I am very, very rusty on scripting, as I made these a few years ago. And I only really learned how to start quests by reading something!

In addition to what maxarturo said, you MUST make sure you have a "clean" saved game to work with that has never seen your mod. This is because scripts can become "embedded" in the save and even when you change the script to fix something, the new version of the script might not "take", and the old problem you are trying to fix remains "baked" in to the save.

So I would use the console to make several saves without your mod active, saves that have never had your mod active, like:

Save Mod_Test001

Save Mod_Test002

Save Mod_Test003

and so on.

Then you can enable your mod in LoadOrder.txt and PlugIns.txt and load a save to see how things are working (or not).

Then log out of the game, without saving, and work on your mod in the CK, then launch the game and see if the script is working.

So, first thing, as maxarturo said, is what do you want to do first?

You said you made your own version of the Dark Brotherhood. Is this completely separate from the Vanilla Dark Brotherhood, in a different location, with different Dark Brotherhood NPCs? You are not messing with the original, Vanilla Dark Brotherhood and its quests?

You said you have npc. How many?

You have music, camps for the npc, names for the quests, but no quest stages, and AI Packages?

So, how should the quest start? How does the NPC get the first quest? Is he already in the Dark Brotherhood, or is your quest another way to join?

Maybe you should start by listing the quests you want for your version of the Dark Brotherhood and what the player has to do.

:smile:

I understand you and will try to explain everything. This is what should be or will happen.
1. - The first thing this player should do (like Shorestone), and there should be a scene where the agent of Penitus Oculatus has to fight against the Dark Brotherhood. The player must make a choice, but only one. That is, anyone can help - either the Dark Brotherhood or Penitus Oculatus. After selecting a player from another faction, P. O or DB will become hostile. After the enemies are defeated, the ally (dialogs) thanks for the help and sends the player to their commander. Quest (does not end).
2-The player goes to the Dragon Bridge and sees the attacking allies again (depending on the player's choice), and the story quest begins, the small quest ends (see above 1.) after winning the dialogue with the commander of the allied faction .Get the task, explore this place and find the enemies. Defeat your enemies and find clues against enemies, as well as help your allies along the way. Tell us about the enemies of the commander of the faction. The quest ends
3. - The commander of the faction gives the Player a task. The player heads to the destination Markart and must find enemies that are trying to interfere with the player. Defeat all the enemies and find the note from which it was written. Chase the survivors back to their camp. Get to the enemy camp by tracking down the survivors. Once the camp is discovered, this quest will be completed.
4. - the player explores the camp. The opponent accidentally notices that the player is starting a fight. If the player is well prepared, he can join the battle. Otherwise, he would return to the allied faction commander for help. The task ends.
5-Final Battle (20 NPCs each). The player returns to their camp and informs them that the enemy is about to attack the camp. The commander gives the task to guard the camp. The player will go to the specified point. And the enemy's attack will begin. The player must defend the camp and not give the enemy a chance to kill the player's commander. After winning, the player will arrest the enemy commander. And there are two options: kill the enemy commander or send him to the prison of solitude. The player receives a reward, and the task is completed.
I hope this helps you understand what I want to implement. No, I don't want to fit in with the vanilla Dark Brotherhood. And I want to make it so that the player can join Penitus Oculatus or the Dark Brotherhood. Only the factions are all vanilla, and I don't want them to affect the other Dark Brotherhood quest storyline in any way.
Chance join the Dark Brotherhood or destroy it.

And you still need to make sure that non-game characters and lagers are hidden before the start of the desired quest.
I apologize for mistakes in the grammar of the text.
Edited by ThanksNex1

If I had an accent please excuse me.

LOL! No worries, it's a Wonderful World, full of variety! :smile:

The way I started quests in my mods is for the player to find a book or a letter, and reading that starts the quest and enabled the quest in the Journal and the map location marker.

On reaching the location and finding the quest object, you read another book and that completes the quest and gives you the rewards.

The only NPcs I made was a Wraith you had to kill to get his journal and other items (not really an NPC), and a Spirit Wolf spell (which is not really an NPC, either), plus some corpses lying at the road side which had journals and other gear for you to find. Reading their journals startted a quest.

So I don't know much about making living NPCs, and I am very, very rusty on scripting, as I made these a few years ago. And I only really learned how to start quests by reading something!

In addition to what maxarturo said, you MUST make sure you have a "clean" saved game to work with that has never seen your mod. This is because scripts can become "embedded" in the save and even when you change the script to fix something, the new version of the script might not "take", and the old problem you are trying to fix remains "baked" in to the save.

So I would use the console to make several saves without your mod active, saves that have never had your mod active, like:

Save Mod_Test001

Save Mod_Test002

Save Mod_Test003

and so on.

Then you can enable your mod in LoadOrder.txt and PlugIns.txt and load a save to see how things are working (or not).

Then log out of the game, without saving, and work on your mod in the CK, then launch the game and see if the script is working.

So, first thing, as maxarturo said, is what do you want to do first?

You said you made your own version of the Dark Brotherhood. Is this completely separate from the Vanilla Dark Brotherhood, in a different location, with different Dark Brotherhood NPCs? You are not messing with the original, Vanilla Dark Brotherhood and its quests?

You said you have npc. How many?

You have music, camps for the npc, names for the quests, but no quest stages, and AI Packages?

So, how should the quest start? How does the NPC get the first quest? Is he already in the Dark Brotherhood, or is your quest another way to join?

Maybe you should start by listing the quests you want for your version of the Dark Brotherhood and what the player has to do.

:smile:

NPCs in mod About 240. Of these, 130 are agents of Penitus Oculatus. A 100 npc of the Dark Brotherhood. 6 dogs for Penitus Oculatus. 3 wolves and 2 frost spiders for the Dark Brotherhood.

Start with something simple, "Step by Step", after reading your post my conclusion is that you want to go from A to Z in one step.

You want to start with a quest scene... this is something you do once you have master the quest making part.

Either you make a pre-start simple quest or make a 'Test' esp to experiment and learn the process of making quests.

Here are some links for you to begin with:

* Note: The quest creation process requires a lot of studying, especially if you intend in making complicated quest scenes, things are not that simple, that you just create a script and everything runs as you want, there are a bunch of things that needs to be done in order for a quest to work as you have it in mind.

&t=25m00s

Thanks for the links. No, I didn't want from a to z :no: . Just something is missing. Practice or incentive. The fact that the scripts I created led to the crash of the game. I did this while looking at the video tutorials. And I could not understand what the problem was.I asked for help and advice from others, those who answered me did not understand the scripts. Those who knew did not respond to my messages.I will try to create a quest by watching the videos you are through the link. Hope it works out. I have already watched a lot of lessons on creating the quest "Bring me the Jarl's amulet" :yes: . Sorry if I wrote something wrong :smile: . Thank you again for the links. I need to work on the quest for a long time.I have to test my mods by watching these videos. :thumbsup: I wish you all the best.

You can always post your scripts here, there are a lot of experience and talented individuals in the field.

You can also ask for direction / knowhow on your steps you are taking while creating your mod.