[LE] Need help with scripts in quests

ThanksNex1

Hopefully my native language won't get in the way of mod creation.

Sorry again for communication errors. it was awkward :wallbash: :D

No worries, we will try to help as much as we can and we can always ask for clarification. I thnk I have done some OnRead quest starts, maxarturo will be better with the other bits.

As he said: Step by Step.

So, why does the player go to Shor's Stone?

:smile:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The player finds the agent's lost letter near Honning's tavern. The letter for the quest has already been made. The place where the agent is located will be indicated there

OK, so Shor's Stone is NOT the start of the quest after all? :wallbash:

The start of the quest is that he finds a letter telling him about something happening at Shor's Stone?

So you need the letter to:

* start the quest

* activate the map marker at Shor's Stone

* make an entry in the player's journal sayng that he found the letter and is going to Shor's Stone.

* have something to mark that part of the quest closed when he gets to Shor's Stone and start the next stage.

That is pretty easy to do.

But how did he GET the lost letter letter in the first place? Was it just lying on the ground near the tavern?

And where the hell is Honning Tavern? Do you mean Honningbrew Meadery in Whiterun?

When maxarturo said you need to map it all out Step-by-Step, do you not know what "Step-by-Step" means?

Step-by-Step Scambled Eggs Recipe

1. get 2 large eggs

2. warm 1/3 cup of milk in a pan on a stove at mark 4

3. melt a knob of butter in the milk

4. when the butter is melted, add some salt and pepper

5. add the eggs

6. Stir briskly with a fork until the eggs are fully scrambled and cooked.

^^THAT is a Step-by-Step. It has Every. Step. You. Need. Written down. Without leaving out important steps.

What you are telling us is like pulling teeth. Say no one has ever heard of eggs, pans, milk or anything.

"Please help me with my mod scrambled eggs!"

What happens in your mod?

"I make scrambled eggs!"

But how do you start it?

"With a pan!"

But what do you do with the pan?

Do you see the difference?

You want help with probably a quite complex mod, and we are very happy to help, but you do not seem able to tell us what the quest stages are in a Step-By-Step guide.

You keep leaving out REALLY important details. You were asked for a detalied Step-By-Step with as much detail as possble, and STILL you leave things out.

So, start again.

I am level 2. I just left Helgen. I have your mod installed.

I get to Riverrun. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? How do I start your mod?

I do not care if my level is too low for your mod, that is not what matters.

So, please, try and get a proper, COMPLETE Step-By-Step with EVERY STEP of the questline ready for us so when maxarturo next logs in so he has something to work with.

I don't mean to be grumpy but I am very tired and in a lot of pain. I was hospitaised last week and I think they let me out too early. I will hopefully be sleeping for the next 7 hours as it's 7 AM and I've been up all night.

:rolleyes:

Don't worry about this.

There will be a letter on the ground near the entrance near the HonningBrew Meadery door, the player reads the letter and learns that something is happening on the Shors Stone.

Quest-1
(5) The player will go to Shors Stone.
(10) Scene of the battle of agents and assassins (3 by 3)
(20) Help someone (the player helps anyone he wants).
After attacking agents or assassins of their faction, become the enemy of the player.
Example: The player has attacked the agent and the Penitus Oculatus faction will be the enemy of the player. The Dark Brotherhood will be an ally.
Or the Player attacks the assassin and the Dark Brotherhood faction will be the player's enemy. Penitus Oculatus will be an ally.
(30) After the battle, dialogue with the agent or assassin.
The agent will say that there will be an attack on the Dragon Bridge and he should warn the commander. If the player for Pentitus Oculatus
The assassin will say that there will be an attack on the Dragon Bridge and it is necessary to help the assassins. If the player is for the Dark Brotherhood
(40) Go to the Dragon Bridge.
(50) The player has reached the Dragon Bridge and the quest is complete.
Quest-2
(5) Find the commander of agents or assassins.
(10) Assassins attack agents.
(20) Player helps friends
If the player selected Penitus Oculatus, he must kill the assassins
If the player chooses the Dark Brotherhood, he must kill the agents
(30) Talk to the commander or the assassin and receive a task, go to the location.
(40) Targets in Dawnstar, Winterhold, NightGateTavern.
If the player is a Penitus Oculatus, he must kill the assassins in these locations.
If the player is for the Dark Brotherhood, he must kill the agents in these locations.
(50) Return to Commander, Commander Dialogue
the player reports that the enemy has been destroyed
(100) Received a reward. Quest completed.
Quest-3
(10) Talk to the commander and receive a task
(20) Find and destroy enemies in locations Windhelm,Darkwater Crossing,Rift,Ivarstad,Riverwood,Falkreath,
Whiterun,Rorikstead,Stonehill,Morthal,Solitude,Karthwasten,OldHroldan,Markarth
(enemies in these locations Heartwood Mill, Half-Moon Mill, Anga's Mill will be available if the player is for the Dark Brotherhood)
(enemies in these locations Reachwind Eyrie, Frostflow Lighthouse, Mixwater Mill will be available if the player is the Penitus Oculatus)
(30) Find and read the letter (should appear on the map
Camp Penitus Oculatus and the Dark Brotherhood)
(40) Return to the commander and give the letter
(50) Go scouting to the enemy camp
(100) The player has reached the enemy camp and the quest is completed.
Quest-4
(10) Approach the Dark Brotherhood camp If the player is PО.
Approach the Penitus Oculatus camp if the player is with DB.
(20) The player will be attacked by the enemy
(30) Defend or Retreat
(40) Return to the commander, the player will tell you that the enemy can attack soon. The quest is completed
Quest-5
(10) Dialogue with the General or the Boss killer and get the task
(20) Defend the Lager (If the player is Penitus Oculatus)
Attack the camp (If the player is a Dark Brotherhood)
There will be an attack on the camp
(30) Defeat the enemy. Do not give a chance to kill the enemy General or the Boss of the player.
(40) Dialogue with the General or the Assassin Boss. Will receive a reward. Quest completed.
I realized that I want to make a very complex mod.
BUT SOME THINGS MAKE CHANGE A LOT.
Let's start over.
Instead of doing a lot of quests, maybe can do one. choosing only the Penitus Oculatus faction.
It depends on what I wrote above.
It is possible to take only suitable parts for one quest.
But with some waiting time in the mod.
1-. That is, the player will go the first day to Dawnstar, Winterhold, NightGateTavern.
2-. Second day will go to Mixwater Mill,Windhelm,DarkWater Crossing,Shors Stone,Riften,Ivarsted.
3-. the third day the player will go to Markarth, Karthwasten, OldHroldon, Morthal, StoneHill.
4-. the 4th day the player will go to Rorikstead, Whiterun, Riverwood, Falkreath.
5-. On the fifth day, the player will go to Dragon Bridge, Solitude.
After all, there will be a final battle with the Assassins at the Penitus Oculatus camp. Assassins will attack the camp when the player returns from Solitude. Defeat the enemies and talk to the General and receive the reward. The quest is completed.
No scenes and no letters. The player is just walking down the road to Rorikstead.
He will find a camp near the road. The player will talk to the general and he asks for help to kill the assassins
Is it possible to do this? But NPCs in other locations should initially be hidden until the desired stage.
Can you imagine the mod now?
If not, see what I wrote above. And which parts can be used correctly.
I know you are going to say "What's wrong with this guy?"
the reason for the changes is:
That without knowing the simple quest system, you will not be able to do a lot of the quest.
As I said before, I have about 240 npc. This is a lot. For this reason, I came up with a waiting time in the mod.
let's start over? I lit a fire, (launching the creation kit), took and put the pan on the fire (launch skyrim.esm with the mod), took the scrambled eggs and wait for the moment to fry it
(Launching the Quest window and waiting where to write)
Except - Quest name and Dialogues.
Just don't say that it was not clear again
Here I ask for a simpler option for creating a quest. But I have a lot of NPCs.
That's all.
I know I asked a lot earlier. But your words made me think about it. So at first I decided to make a simpler quest, only a lot of NPCs.
Can you help with this?

I will deal with scripts from time to time.help at least a simple quest but with a lot of NPCs

Edited by ThanksNex1

I have some new pain killers and got some sleep, so I am feeling a little better. But I am not studying your last e-mail in detail until you lay out, STEP BY STEP, EVERYTHING you want to do with your mod, from START to FINISH.

And all that stuff about changing things? DIDN'T EVEN READ IT.

FFS, it's not a difficult question to answer. You cannot leave things out just because you have already finished that part. WE need to know what the hell you are talking about as well.

~.~

Having a quest start with reading a letter is easy. That's how I started my quests.

But leaving a letter just lying on the ground is not a good idea as it could be blown away by the wind, or moved by an NPC or animal. That is how the Havok works in Skyrim. Better to have it in a barrel that does not respawn, or on an NPC.

A letter to Alvor I left under a helmet near his forge in Riverwood, but some times it fell through the table into the river. So I put it under an iron ingot on his armour table. Another letter I put inside the Whiterun Wizard's diary.

Other times I made a custom dead NPC at the roadside, carrying letters and gear. One is on the road from Helgen to Riverwood. The other is on the road from Riverwood to Bleak Falls Barrow, so new players could find them fairly easily in a new game.

The communication problem we have been having is that you did not mention all the steps as a step-by-step when you were asked. And you keep leaving things out.

You didn't even answer my question:

So, start again. (I meant WE start again, by you answering my question)

I am level 2. I just left Helgen. I have your mod installed.

I get to Riverrun. (I meant Riverwood, not Riverrun)

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

How do I start your mod?

Okay. Let's say the letter is inside the Honning Mead brewery. The player reads the letter that the agents found out, soon the Assassins will destroy other agents of Penitus Oculatus. As I said before, I do not want to touch the quests and the Dark Brotherhood faction. I would like the player to be able to join the Penitus Oculatus. I have already done the initial quest, but it starts up without reading the letter. But the player must read the letter. And markers from the body of killed assassins do not disappear. And the next stage of the quest not does start after the death of the assassins.

Tell me why the quest starts even if the player hasn't read the letter? but I wrote the same Event OnRead () namequest.setobjectivedisplayed () namequest.setstage

EndEvent or do you need to write something else? getowningquest ().setstage ()

and

setobjectivedisplayed () setobjectivecompleted ()

correct order i.e 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. The most important thing is for you to know in my mod, there are no special secrets, basically it will be a battle

What does it look like? The player reads the letter and further battle - dialogue. Dialogue - battle - dialogue. Dialogue - battle - dialogue. I don't want to make a very complex mod yet. It seems we still have a problem with communication through translators