[LE] Need help with scripts in quests

ThanksNex1

I lit a fire, (launching the creation kit), took and put the pan on the fire (launch skyrim.esm with the mod), took the scrambled eggs and wait for the moment to fry it

LOL!

But that is not what I meant.

I was very excited to try and help you with this Mod. But we must have each and every step of the quest mapped out from start to finish.

But it is so difficult to get you to do that so that WE know what you want to do.

Then you start talking about changing it and doing it differently.

NO.

It is difficult enough to get a clear picture without you changing your mind just as things were becoming clear.

Stick to the original plan.

Your Mod is a series of separate quests. Each will have a Start and Finish, and the overall quest will have a final ending.

240 NPCs will crash the game if they all spawn at once.

10 NPCs in 24 separate battles might be OK. 20 NPCs in 12 separate battles might possibly be OK.

:)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already done the initial quest, but it starts up without reading the letter. But the player must read the letter. And markers from the body of killed assassins do not disappear. And the next stage of the quest not does start after the death of the assassins.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/936913-starting-a-quest-from-a-read-note/

You have to also set a condition in the quest that the markers are removed when a stage is completed.

Then you have to have something to trigger the next part of the quest.

There will be a letter on the ground near the entrance near the HonningBrew Meadery door, the player reads the letter and learns that something is happening on the Shors Stone.

Quest-1
(5) The player will go to Shors Stone.
(10) Scene of the battle of agents and assassins (3 by 3)
(20) Help someone (the player helps anyone he wants).
After attacking agents or assassins of their faction, become the enemy of the player.
Example: The player has attacked the agent and the Penitus Oculatus faction will be the enemy of the player. The Dark Brotherhood will be an ally.
Or the Player attacks the assassin and the Dark Brotherhood faction will be the player's enemy. Penitus Oculatus will be an ally.
(30) After the battle, dialogue with the agent or assassin.
The agent will say that there will be an attack on the Dragon Bridge and he should warn the commander. If the player for Pentitus Oculatus
The assassin will say that there will be an attack on the Dragon Bridge and it is necessary to help the assassins. If the player is for the Dark Brotherhood
(40) Go to the Dragon Bridge.
(50) The player has reached the Dragon Bridge and the quest is complete.

See, you are still just not getting it. You have left out a step again.

01 Blank

05 Player finds and reads a letter. Quest entry in Journal. Map marker activated. <------***

10 Player travels to Shor's Stone and witnesses a battle.

15 1st Quest Phase ends. Journal entry updated. Map marker removed.

20 2nd Quest Phase: If player joins the battle, faction he helps becomes friendly, faction he attacks becomes hostile

25 The Player talks to the surviving faction leader. Start New stage. Add Journal entry. Add map marker.

30 Player travels to Dragon Bridge, Quest stage ends. Journal Updated. Map Marker removed.

We could also have the first section end on talking to the leader, rather than when he arrives. And remove the old markers, add the new markers and update the journal entries.

EG

End 1 "I got to Shor's Stone and there was a huge battle! I joined in on the side of Penitus Oculatus."

Start 2 "The leader of Penitus Oculatus told me about a Dark Brotherhood incursion at Dragon Bridge. I must go there and report to the local Oculatus contact"

We could also have the second phase end when he talks to the Dragon Bridge Contact.

We will need the faction leader to survive the battle for stage 25, so we could use a script to make him essential when the player chooses a side. Whichever faction member the player attacks, the other leader becomes essential and his faction friendly, the one he attacks becomes hostile, but their leader does NOT become essential.

You see, this is why we need a complete step-by-step so we know what you want to do. THEN we can re-write it all as a Quest Flow Chart with all the elements needed for a Quest added.

Once we had done that, then we can talk about how to do it in the CK and add the scripts etc.

"I will deal with scripts from time to time."

Oh, my friend, you will be dealing with them more often than that!

:D

Tell me why the quest starts even if the player hasn't read the letter?

Obviously, you have done something wrong.

And, as I said at the start, you must test your mod on a save that has never had your mod active. Otherwise, errors will be baked into the saved game and when you correct the script it will not work because the old one is baked in.

It might be a good idea to post your script for the letter here.

If NPCs are spawning and fighting even without reading the letter, you probabaly do not have the NPC spawn points being conditional on reading the letter. The NPCs should spawn and the battle start as the player approaches Shor's Stone.

Step by Step.

A B C

Quest-1
0-Empty
05-Player enters Honning Meadery, finds a letter on the table and reads it. Activation Quest 1.
Map marker is activated. Shors Stone target.
10-Player Go to Shors Stone. The player got there and witnessed the battle.
20-Journal updated. Markers removed.
The player joins the battle. The faction he attacks becomes hostile.
The faction he is helping becomes friendly.
30-Kill all enemies. Markers activated. Log updated.
40-Talk to a surviving NPC of a friendly faction. Marker removed. The marker is activated. The magazine has been updated.
50-Get to Dragon Bridge. The marker has been removed. The marker is activated. The magazine has been updated.
The player made it to Dragon Bridge. Markers removed. The quest is complete.
Quest-2
0-empty
05-The player witnesses the attack. The log is updated. Quest activation 2.
10-Player helps allies. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
20-Talk to the leader of the faction. Markers removed. The marker is activated. The magazine has been updated.
30-Destroy targets in Dawnstar. The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
40-Destroys targets in Winterhold. The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
50-Destroy targets in the NighGateTavern. The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
60-Return to the leader and talk. Markers removed. The magazine has been updated.
70-Receives an award. The quest is complete.
Quest-3
0-Empty
05-Marker activated. Talk to the leader of the faction about the task.
10-Activation quest 3. The marker is removed. Markers updated. Destroys targets in Whitetun, Rorikstead, Riverwood
The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
20-Destroy targets in Windhelm, Riften, Ivarstead. The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
30-Destroy targets in Reach, OldHroldon, Karthwasten. The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
40-Destroy targets in Morthal, StoneHill, Falkreath, Solitude. The marker has been removed. Markers activated. The magazine has been updated.
50-Destroy targets, enemies in these locations Reachwind Eyrie, Frostflow Lighthouse, Mixwater Mill will be available if the player is the Penitus Oculatus. Magazine updated
60-Destroy targets, enemies in these locations Heartwood Mill, Half-Moon Mill, Mixwater Mill, Anga's Mill will be available if the player is for the Dark Brotherhood. Magazine updated
70-Markers removed. Log updated to search the body and find the letter in Mixwater Mill. Markers activated. Log updated. (PO body or DB)
80-Return to the leader of the faction and give the letter. The marker has been removed. The magazine has been updated.
90-Receives an award. The quest is complete.
Quest-4
0-Empty
05-Dialogue with the leader of the faction. The magazine has been updated. Markers activated.
10-Get to the camp or the altar of the enemy. The marker has been removed. The magazine has been updated. The marker is activated.
20-The player has reached the goal. The player is attacked by an enemy. The marker has been removed. The marker is activated. The magazine has been updated.
30-Return to the leader of the faction and tell about the enemy. Markers removed. The magazine has been updated.
40-Receives an award. The quest is complete.
Quest-5
0-Empty
05-Marker activated. Talk to the General or Assassin Leader. Magazine updated
10-Markers removed. The task is to wait for the enemy's attack. Magazine updated (if player is Penitus Oculatus)
20-Markers removed. The task is to attack the camp and destroy the Penitus Oculatus. Wait for the attack.
The magazine has been updated. The marker is activated. (If the player is a Dark Brotherhood)
30-Markers activated. Destroy the enemy and protect the General or Boss. Magazine updated
40-Markers removed. The marker is activated. Talk to the General or Assassin Leader.
50-Receives an award. The quest is complete.
About the incident:
Phase-1
The player left Helgen and talked about the dragon blah blah blah in Riverwood.
The player simply logs into Honning Meadery. The player sees a letter on the table. Reads and learns that the Dark Brotherhood
attempts to destroy all agents of the Penitus Oculatus. Quest 1 begins.
The player goes to Shors Stone. He will witness the battle.
Player attacks ... (player's choice)
Point 1
For Penitus Oculatus:
After the battle, the player will talk to the surviving agent. He will suspect the player first. But seeing that the player has killed the killers, will change
his opinion. The agent will tell the player that there will be an attack on the agents on Dragon Bridge.
The agent will ask for help from the player. The player must go Dragon Bridge.
Point 2
For the Dark Brotherhood:
After the battle, the player will talk to the surviving killer. He will be glad for your help. The assassin will tell the player that there will be an attack soon
on Dragon Bridge. The killer will ask for help from the player. The player must go Dragon Bridge.
Point 3
The player made it to Dragon Bridge. The quest is complete.

Phase-2
The player will witness the assassins attack the Penitus Oculatus agents. Quest-2 begins
Paragraph 1
For Penitus Oculatus:
The player helps the agents and kills the assassins. After the battle, the player will talk to the commander.
The commander will tell the player that there will be new attacks on agents. And the player must help them.
The player will go to the location that the commander said. The player kills all assassins.
After all the assassins are killed, the player returns to the commander and says that his agents are alive.
The commander gives a reward for helping.
Point 2
For the Dark Brotherhood
The player helps assassins and kills agents. After the battle, the player will talk to the leader of the assassins.
The leader will say that soon other assassins will attack other agents. And the player must join the attack.
The player will go to the location that the leader of the assassins said. The player kills all agents.
After all the agents are killed, the player returns to the leader of the assassins and says that all the agents have been killed.
The leader gives a reward for helping.
Point 3
The quest is complete.
Phase-3
The player will speak to the commander or leader of the assassins. Quest 3 begins.
Point 1
For Penitus Oculatus:
The commander will say that new assassins have invaded the cities and will attack the agents. And the player also learns that some agents
did not return. The commander will ask the player to go there and check, but only after all the assassins in the cities have been killed.
The commander gave assignments. The player must go through the cities and kill all the assassins.
The player must check the last locations and destroy the assassins. the player will check the body and accidentally find a letter.
The player returns to the commander and gives the letter.
The commander gives a reward.
Point 2
The leader of the assassins will say that other assassins have made their way into the cities and there will be an attack on the agents. And the player also learns that some
the assassins did not return. The leader will ask the player to go there and check, but only after all the agents in the cities have been killed.
The leader gave assignments. The player must go through the cities and kill all agents.
The player must check the last locations and destroy the agents. the player will check the body and accidentally find a letter.
The player returns to the leader and returns the letter.
the leader gives a reward.
Point 3
The quest is complete.
Phase-4
The Commander or Leader of the Assassins will tell the player to scout. Quest 4 begins.
Paragraph 1
For Penitus Oculatus:
The player will travel west of Falkreath. The player will find the Altar. And then the assassins with the boss attack the player.
The player returns to the commander and says that there were many assassins. The commander will tell the player to go to their camp and talk
with the General. The commander gives a reward.
Point 2
The player will go to a camp not far from Rorikstead. The player will find the Penitus Oculatus camp. And then the agents with the General attack the player.
The player returns to the leader and says that there were many agents. The leader will tell the player to go to their Altar and talk
with the Boss. The leader gives a reward.
Point 3
The quest is complete.
Phase-5
The player will talk to the General or Boss. Quest 5 begins.
Paragraph 1
For Penitus Oculatus:
The general will say that he is waiting for the attack of the Dark Brotherhood. The general will tell the player to also wait for the attack.
In five minutes (after the dialogue) there will be an attack. The player must protect the general and kill all assassins and the Boss.
The player will kill all assassins. The general will speak to the player and give a reward.
Point 2
The boss will tell you that they will soon be attacking the Penitus Oculatus camp. The player will go with the Assassins.
The player and the assassins with the boss got to the camp.
The boss will be waiting. Five minutes later (after the player has reached the camp, but not close) there will be an attack on the camp.
The player must defend the Boss and kill all agents and the General. The boss will speak to the player and give a reward
Point 3
The quest is complete.
I try so much to explain to you, just don't tell me again you don't understand.
How can you explain this my first case with the quest. As I said before, I don't want to do a complicated quest and touch DB quests.
At least this time is it clear? Or still nothing you can understand so far?
Edited by ThanksNex1

At least this time is it clear? Or still nothing you can understand so far?

Oh, I understood what you wrote. You just kept leaving things out.

This is much better! We can go through each step and make sure the scripts are correct. But you have to test the mod with a saved game that has never had your mod active.

By the way, are you making this for SLE or SSE?

I think to start, we need to see the script you have on the letter. I already asked you for this.

And we need to see the QUST entries with the stages and other things for the letter and adding the map markers and journal entry.

What happens if the player goes to Shor's Stone without reading the letter? That village has a mine, some NPCs and several quests of its own.

You would need some sort of activation box which will spawn the NPCs from your mod as the player approaches. But only if he has read the letter.

What happens to the Vanilla NPCs at Shor's Stone? Could they be killed in this battle?

In fact, why use Vanilla locations that have people and quests in them? Why not use standing stones and camps you have placed? Dragon Bridge also has NPCs and quests and a barrow with a Word Wall. It is probably better to have your NPCs and battles outside a town. Near it, but outside it?

This is the script I used.

Scriptname FirstHelpQuestscript extends ObjectReference
Quest Property FirstHelpQuestProperty Auto
Event OnRead()
FirstHelpQuest.SetObjectiveDisplayed
FirstHelpQuest.Setstage(10)
EndEvent

If the player has not read the letter nothing will happen. as far as I told you, I will not touch these stupid NPCs and other quests.

You need recordings in English, but my game is in Russian. So I need time to translate into English. And see what I have in the mod. I told you before maybe reduce the quest to one rather than have several. Choosing the optimal stages of quests.