Open Community  ·  915 members

Stardew Valley

Can't get mods to install in Vortex

MaljenGaming

I don't use Norton. I know better than that. The red flag for me is that in originally downloaded and installed without a hitch and after weeks of daily use suddenly is red-flagging it. I'll more than likely skip using it all together and just deal with mods directly. More time and effort should I choose to continue to play, but at least I'm not worried about something that is suddenly being seen as a threat.

I do thank you for you replies and your time. Much appreciated!

I don't use Norton. I know better than that. The red flag for me is that in originally downloaded and installed without a hitch and after weeks of daily use suddenly is red-flagging it. I'll more than likely skip using it all together and just deal with mods directly. More time and effort should I choose to continue to play, but at least I'm not worried about something that is suddenly being seen as a threat.

I do thank you for you replies and your time. Much appreciated!

If you're using Windows Defender, then go and check if "Controlled Windows Access" is enabled, it if it, turn it OFF.

I didn't say that you used Norton, however, there are TERRIBLE FREE Antivirus programs out there like AVAST, AVG etc, that flag EVERYTHING as a virus.

So take that into consideration.