Oblivion XP Mod - Compass Bug

K1ngCraft

Hey guys, so I have an issue with the Oblivion XP mod.

For some reason it makes the compass on my HUD really big. See picture below!

40ec364146b39fb84e159451879e96bf.jpg

Modlist

OBSE

Pluggy

MenuQue

LINK

NorthanUI

NorthanUI Imperial Theme

Display States

HUD Status Bars

JCN_AV Uncap

Oblivion XP (Updated Version)

Even why I try to change the size of the compass in the Northan UI menu with the sliders, it doesn't affect the compass.

I've had a glace through the .ini for Oblivion XP but cna't find anything about the compass, I've also looked through the PDF Read Me that comes with Oblivion XP and still couldn't find anything. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you! :happy:

I have never tried Oblivion XP, because I like the skill way of leveling and I liked it since Ultima, well Ultima? The Ultimate Leveling also provides exp leveling, written by Maskar and you choose which way you wanna level, well you can make a lot of choices really. I did choose skill leveling... :wink: I use to use Realistic Leveling until I decided to try Ultimate, and stayed with it.

Make a save game, test it and if you do not like it nor it doesn't fix your hud, well flush it and go back to your save. I also use the HUD Status bar and I do not have any such problems with it but I Use Darnify UI so maybe it is the Northern UI that messes with your compass? I did notice Oblivion XP do have some UI files, as I felt I should check the file content and it does mave much more UI stuff then Ultimate has, which do have support for Northarn in the other hand what I could see in the bsa.

Otherwise, reinstall HUD Status Bar, or maybe try to edit it. I think it is the hud_settings.xml that should be inside Menus\prefabs\NortharnUI as I have mine in Menus\prefabs\darn

<rect name="compass_width_control">
					<x> 0 </x>
					<y> 52 </y>
					<_min> 50 </_min>
					<_max> 300 </_max>
					<_step> 10 </_step>
					<_value> <copy src="HUDMainMenu" trait="_cw" /> </_value>
					<_label> <copy src="darnui_strings" trait="_sl_compass_width" /> </_label>
					<include src="darn\spin_control.xml" />
					<_start> <copy src="darnui_settings" trait="_cw" /> </_start>
					<_dim> <copy src="HUDMainMenu" trait="_ce" /> </_dim>
				</rect>

Here's my compass settings what I could figure out??

Your UI looks doubled though. here is what mine looks like:

50847519026_e2d01be8a2_o.jpg

Edited by Pellape

I have never tried Oblivion XP, because I like the skill way of leveling and I liked it since Ultima, well Ultima? The Ultimate Leveling also provides exp leveling, written by Maskar and you choose which way you wanna level, well you can make a lot of choices really. I did choose skill leveling... :wink: I use to use Realistic Leveling until I decided to try Ultimate, and stayed with it.

Make a save game, test it and if you do not like it nor it doesn't fix your hud, well flush it and go back to your save. I also use the HUD Status bar and I do not have any such problems with it but I Use Darnify UI so maybe it is the Northern UI that messes with your compass? I did notice Oblivion XP do have some UI files, as I felt I should check the file content and it does mave much more UI stuff then Ultimate has, which do have support for Northarn in the other hand what I could see in the bsa.

Otherwise, reinstall HUD Status Bar, or maybe try to edit it. I think it is the hud_settings.xml that should be inside Menus\prefabs\NortharnUI as I have mine in Menus\prefabs\darn

<rect name="compass_width_control">
					<x> 0 </x>
					<y> 52 </y>
					<_min> 50 </_min>
					<_max> 300 </_max>
					<_step> 10 </_step>
					<_value> <copy src="HUDMainMenu" trait="_cw" /> </_value>
					<_label> <copy src="darnui_strings" trait="_sl_compass_width" /> </_label>
					<include src="darn\spin_control.xml" />
					<_start> <copy src="darnui_settings" trait="_cw" /> </_start>
					<_dim> <copy src="HUDMainMenu" trait="_ce" /> </_dim>
				</rect>

Here's my compass settings what I could figure out??

Your UI looks doubled though. here is what mine looks like:

50847519026_e2d01be8a2_o.jpg

Heya Pellape!

Thanks for the helpful responce! I haven't heard of Ultimate Leveling, it sounds better than Oblivion XP to be honest hahah. I think I might just go for that one! If I decide I don't like it though I'll go back to Oblivion XP and try your compass settings.

Thank you very much for the help! :)

Quick question! - Just so I'm understanding this correctly. Ultimate Leveling uses the experience (Oblivion XP style) system by default? So all I need to do is install it with Wyre Bash and thats it? No need to change anything? :)

Nope, no need to change anything but you should do take a look at the "Ultimate Leveling.ini" as it is very easy to read and edit in a texteditor, like Notepad. Just be sure all settings will suit you. I did not change much myself, only switched it to Skill leveling. :smile: Maskar always add the possibility for us to make changes easy, to adapt his mods to our own liking. As you install LINK as well, the settings will be available from the in game settings anyway but I am not 100% it works, as when I changed it and went in game, it was refering to exp leveling, which I do not want :D Maybe all I needed was to restart the game? Maskar do things as perfect as possible, that is my impression.

I do level up a cat here at my GF's comp, and a dachel, from the mod MOO (Same author as Ultimate Leveling) at my own comp, so I always try to save as little health at possible at my targets, to let the pets get the exp while I get the skill points anyway, taking down the first 90% of the targets health... :wink: The cool thing is that with Ultimate leveling, I do see how much exp the pets gets, down at the left side on the screen, for each kill they do, so they are also effected it seems.

Edited by Pellape

Nope, no need to change anything but you should do take a look at the "Ultimate Leveling.ini" as it is very easy to read and edit in a texteditor, like Notepad. Just be sure all settings will suit you. I did not change much myself, only switched it to Skill leveling. :smile: Maskar always add the possibility for us to make changes easy, to adapt his mods to our own liking. As you install LINK as well, the settings will be available from the in game settings anyway but I am not 100% it works, as when I changed it and went in game, it was refering to exp leveling, which I do not want :D Maybe all I needed was to restart the game? Maskar do things as perfect as possible, that is my impression.

I do level up a cat here at my GF's comp, and a dachel, from the mod MOO (Same author as Ultimate Leveling) at my own comp, so I always try to save as little health at possible at my targets, to let the pets get the exp while I get the skill points anyway, taking down the first 90% of the targets health... :wink: The cool thing is that with Ultimate leveling, I do see how much exp the pets gets, down at the left side on the screen, for each kill they do, so they are also effected it seems.

Ha! That sounds awesome! :laugh:

I'm still trying the mod out myself but so far I like how it works! So far no compass issues at all! :dance:

Great suggestion! Thank you again!

Edited by K1ngCraft