Riften Speech Exploit fixed?

tnu

In my recent game I tried to invoke the Riften speech exploit. But the dialogue vanishes. Was this fixed in a recent patch or is it because i am usign the unofficial Dawngaurd patch?

I'd really rather not use console commands except for a last resort. I generally preferr grinding and in game exploits because it has thew ilusion of being more "legit". Anybody have any suggestions of how to grind speech without the console?

Another good way is to bribe or persuade any bandits you meet in a wilderness encounter. It takes a while, but there are over a hundred WE locations for those who don't mind getting around in Skyrim without too much fast travelling.

Otherwise, you'll be forced to do a crafting/bartering grind, which can take just about as long. If you have the money, there are trainers (Giraud at the Bard's college and Ogmund at Markarth). If you have a LOT of money, you can just go to your best fence or merchant you've invested in and sell/rebuy a bunch of your best weapons and armor until you grind speech to however high you can get it or you run out of money.

I haven't tried this, but the wiki also mentions how you can commit a petty theft that gives you 5 or so bounty and then try to Persuade a guard to overlook the crime. Even if the attempt fails, the guard may overlook the crime. And you try that with every guard you can.

I worked my way up using Animated Prostitution. Getting somebody to sleep with you is considered persuasion, PLUS it got me quite a few pieces of loot and warm, free beds to sleep with. Very critical when you're starting out (especially if you're using Frostfall). :)