Dream While Sleeping

Myctican

Can someone please make a mod that whan you sleep in bad you enter the "Dream World" - a fantasy world (kinda like wonderland),and once inside it

you can do ANYTHING and in the Dream World. you will not have any effects on you and your armor will be replaced with a funny outfit and weapons will be replaced with funny weapons while in the Dream World.

when you sleep again you go back to the real world without all the items at the Dream World.

this mod is ment to "upgrade" the sleeping experience (which is extreamly boring).

:)

thank you helpers

Interesting concept. What if, rather than spending as much time in dream world as you want you get the same frustrating experience as irl? However many hours you choose to sleep is how long your there only the time scale is randomized. You choose 3hrs. It could playout at half time and you get 6 or double and you get 1.5 or flux while your in dream land.

Maybe add multiple maps with alerted physics and random equipment sets including one dream where you show up in the middle of the market naked and have to escape town while everyone points and laughs. Oh and the classic nightmare where your running from something but don't know what it is. The specific dreams could appear as quests explaining the dream and what needs to be done and if your get killed your character wakes up early without a resting bonus.

What do you think? Anything to add? Something need smoothed out?

I'm gonna add this to my list of things to attempt.

Edited by v1durr

this mod is ment to "upgrade" the sleeping experience (which is extreamly boring).

...Er, it's sleeping. It's not exactly meant to be a great adventure. Unless you are one of the rare people capable of lucid dreaming and, you know, actually remembering your dreams, sleeping in real life really isn't much different.

I dunno, it just seems impractical to end up in a lucid dream world for extended periods every time you go to sleep. Especially since sleeping in the game is just an alternative way to pass the time. This idea would probably work better as a specific quest, similar to Mind of Madness or Waking Nightmare - if you go to sleep in a certain location, you get to play a certain dream.

Well, I think this could be the beginning of a great quest and house mod. Create a dream world where you encounter a struggle with deadra like Vaermina and end up in a quest that gives you a house you can access by entering the dream world.

Makes me think of some ideas I had for the 'skyhighrim' mod a while back, to make it so that you could eat certain plants in skyrim and end up in some crazy weird world that makes no sense with no logical way to escape.

I could see having a very low chance of this happening making more since then EVERY TIME though. Though if you sleep in the one down where everyone is having nightmares before finishing that quest, you should have some crazy nightmares every time!

• 4 years later...

That'd be amazing!

I have no idea how to make a mod, but I have some ideas on how this could work.

- Once you sleep, you are teleported to a either a random separate space or a dependent-on-your-day separate space. Maybe, if you tied the mod to the Eat/Sleep/Drink/Bath mod, you could base a dream on whether or not you went to sleep hungry/thirsty/dirty/exhausted.

- The dream world doesn't have a lot of rules or meaning. You could have a dream where you are unable to move, or maybe your perspective isn't controlled by you. There could be a fusion of animals or a plot to the story that makes no sense. You could say some things that are blurred out, because most dreams have dialogue that are hard to remember once you wake up.

- You could have a generated inventory that switches back when you wake up. Strange armor, no armor ;), fighting with your prized household spoon, etc. Probably shouldn't tamper with the followers you have in the real Skyrim world, because that could cause some very lonely glitches.

- If you are a werewolf, maybe you occasionally become a REAL wolf in your dream. (I know there's a mod that turns you into a real wolf instead of the man-beast form, but it's not compatible with Moonlight Tales, trust me, and it requires separate mods for correct perspective and other things that Moonlight Tales would provide. I really like the idea of turning into a real wolf instead of the man-beast form, so this would make me want to sleep a lot more often.

Actually, this could start not only a quest, but a whole series of mods tied around this if you have different daedra trying to invade people's dreams...Sheogorath, anyone? He would be chief among mischief-makers that would drive men mad through their dreams. Plus, you have necromancers and other mage-types that might use dreams as a weapon, which means the player could learn to do so, too. Cast a spell, invade someone's dreams, plant an idea there in the form of an inventory item that you carry with you across the threshold, and then withdraw and watch the fireworks begin.

Haha! There goes crazy Lucan again, muttering about his sister trying to steal from the store!

The screen change could be achieved using the same script as when you transform into a vampire lord or werewolf--that quick fade to black and sound fx.

You would need:

1. A script to trigger the dream sequence, with different triggers for the script to activate--i.e., casting a spell, sleeping in a bed, random daedra caprice...
2. A small world-space cell that would randomly generate different types of terrain--clipping? Who cares! It's a dream! It's not supposed to make sense!
3. ???

That's about as far as my knowledge extends. This would be a cool concept for that, though, especially as it would allow more interaction with daedra (could probably use the vanilla voice recordings in some instances to get them to speak, too).

Thanks for posting the concept! Here's to hoping it will get made!

Lol, I had made the same exact request, that nobody seemed to care about. L_L

I had requested that somebody could make a dreaming mod.

Whenever the player would go to sleep, there was a chance that they would dream, either a dream, or a nightmare. And depending upon what they dream will determine whether or not they receive positive buffs or negative buffs.

I was going to use ACTUAL DREAM symbols from out of a dreaming book and everything, along with mixing it in with some lore friendly topics. I would have done ANY and ALL writing, so all somebody would have to do is make it a mod.

I actually have enough written so far for anybody to get started. Here is an exerpt If anybody want to help out, I would LOVE to try and complete that request Myctican, :)

I'm no modder though, I'm only a writer.

• Randomly at different times when the player sleeps, if they dream, a word box (such as the one in Oblivion for vampires) would pop up describing the dream. And then the player can exit out, and they will either receive a good buff (increased speechcraft, etc.) or negative buff (more easier to contract diseases) for random hours, like 2, three, or so hours, or they might not receive any buffs
  • The dreams had Vaermina, Molag bal, and other, let me repeat, REAL LIFE OUT OF AN ACTUAL DREAM DICTIONARY dream symbols that I HAVE LOOKED UP just sitting around in my house just collecting dust. I STILL have that book.
  • An MCM menu that will allow the player to control how often they dream, of what type of dreams are they more likely to have, (more nightmares than good dreams) whether they receive buffs or not

I have EVERYTHING WRITTEN enough to make this mod a REALITY. Please, please consider making this epic mod. Please do PM me if you can help out. I think this mod can work.

Here is an excerpt on one of the dreams I written, both nightmare, and good dream

Good Dream

Roleplaying

I had the most peculiar dream!
I dreamt that I was a newborn infant, I was crawling around on
the floor on a stone-paved street. I seemed to be quite a happy infant,
I couldn't see my parents or any guardian watching me as I haphazardly
paraded about. I crawled until I saw a twig lying on the ground. Curiously I
crawled eagerly babbling my way toward it's stem, grasped hold of it and started swinging
it around joyfully!

BUFFS

*one-handed skills (attacks with one-handed weapons) is increased by 23 points for 10 hours

BAD dream

Vaermina Replaced my Mother
I had the most awful dream…I dreamt that I was travelling back to see my parents. I was
travelling by horseback, and I was quite eager to see my mom and dad again.
As I stopped in front of my old house, I dismounted, and began to jog vigorously toward the door.
Just as soon as I opened the door, I saw my dad kissing my mother passionately…I coughed aloud to
grab their attention. When my father lifted his head to look at me, my eyes widened in horror at the sight of my mother… My mother was not my own mother, but the horrible Daedric lord, Vaermina.
She smirked venomously! She wore my mother’s red lipstick, smeared sloppily acrossed her face and mouth, her teeth were yellow, giving off an almost decrypted wooden appearance. Her face had worms and maggots protruding from out of her neck and cheekbones. Her eyes had red and jagged patterns coated all over it, her head had two large jeweled horns reaching toward the ceiling, and her nose was
virtually peeling off to reveal beaming red lights behind the flesh.
“Hi son.” My dad went, “This is your new mom now…She feels so soft.”
Vaermina hissed evilly as she cooed, “That’s right, dragonborn.” she purred, “I’m your new mother, now. And I demand a hug…”
I awoke in a terrible panic!

Negative Buffs

· Stamina decreased by 100 points by for 13 hours

· health decreased by 40 points for 13 hours

· speechcraft skill decreased by 45 points for 13 hours

· weakness to fire by 55% for 13 hours