Help needed with visual glitch

MercerMeka

It is still very big but Daggerfall is most likely still the biggest game on surface ever made or is there bigger games? ESO is extremely huge but is it as big? I did always fast travel in Daggerfall anyway, as it took forever to ride out in nowhere. One of the few times I did stay out, was when I did try to become a werewolf, which I succeeded with.

I did tried Unity right now but it crashed over and over and I bet I do have a RAM problem. I will look in BIOS to see if this comp have a RAM check as I never been in this BIOS before.

"70% automatic generated" ? I had no idea. Well for me I have already covered up those holes in the wall with a castle "window". It looks fine. I've never really been too finicky about graphics though. I can even play daggerfall still.

You probably have a save from near Leyawiin (judging by your wall problem). Go down along the coast well past the Forsaken Mine, past the little unused dock until you get close to the edge of Cyrodiil on the map and you'll see a perfectly straight line of cyprus trees that starts off out in the water and then gradually comes onto the shore as you're looking south (actually SSW).

Those are trees generated automatically that have not been moved from their generated position by hand.

Now that you know one of the features to look for (a straight line of something like trees) you'll start to notice them elsewhere (and will probably begin cursing my name from time to time when that happens).

I did a mem test, no problems found. I do get similar crashes on this comp time time no matter where I am, it shuts down but try Unity anyway as it was so damn fast to get started with it as it does not require an installation. That fancy graphic is from mods so if you do not install any, the game looks like it always did. ;)

Well Striker, we do not hate you for informing about this as if we do think about how things are made in game, then we also get less immersion feeling so to say. :D I don't. I get so involved I do forget that I am sitting in my GFs kitchen playing, fiddling with a bloody keyboard and mouse... ;)

I did a mem test, no problems found. I do get similar crashes on this comp time time no matter where I am, it shuts down but try Unity anyway as it was so damn fast to get started with it as it does not require an installation. That fancy graphic is from mods so if you do not install any, the game looks like it always did. :wink:

Well Striker, we do not hate you for informing about this as if we do think about how things are made in game, then we also get less immersion feeling so to say. :D I don't. I get so involved I do forget that I am sitting in my GFs kitchen playing, fiddling with a bloody keyboard and mouse... :wink:

I'm one of those sad souls whose only recourse for "immersion" at this time of year is to fill the bathtub (Lake Huron is far far too cold right now for this old guy). Not saying I don't have fun with mouse and keyboard in hand ... it's just that I'm always aware that I'm playing a game (or often a "game" set in a game ... the infamous Striker's mini-games ... I always have "stuff" to do).

The leftover from auto-generate that I have trouble with "unseeing" is the NIF rotation thing. Even when they took the time to move the tree/whatever they didn't take the couple of seconds required to rotate some so that they all aren't oriented exactly the same way.

If there's a nit I'll pick it.

So true but as I am an old Daggerfall player, I do not mind that at all and it is an effective way to have high performance, just look at the grass... ;)

What I hate about trees, is that they are so damn hard to handle and target in CS.

I think I found the cause of my CTD's.... :wink:

This is my GF's laptop and I have never dismantled it before. She came in 2 hours ago, just saying dust - Dust? Of course it is dust. I dismantled it and the whole bloody cooling system was filled so no air could get passed and I should have guessed it as it has been slightly loudly lately. :D I am so stupid and I used to work as Comp tech for 20 years, which didn't made me smarter I guess and I have cleaned all my laptops and towers before... :wink: The Cobblers kids walks in worn broken shoes after all.

I just ran Unity without any problems at all, compared to 3 hard crashes earlier today before I cleaned the fan and it feels like any other modern game to play and the graphic in the vanilla Unity looks amazing compared to the original. It is very hard but I managed to play 1 hour before first death and I have played less before. Well 2 kills, a bat almost killed me a an assassin came by and finished me off fast with 2 strikes, so typical Daggerfall. :D

I also noticed I have 11Gb space left on the drive on this comp. I guess it is time to delete ESO completely. I will never play that game again, ever... It looks like TES, but it is not even close and I did play it for 1.5 years

Edited by Pellape