Some Console Command No Longer Working 1.9.32.8 Patch

shadow56

Some of the console commands no longer work in the latest patch. Two that I have tried and failed to work are (Disable and TCL). Don't know if there are others. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so is there a fix or one in the works.

Some of the console commands no longer work in the latest patch. Two that I have tried and failed to work are (Disable and TCL). Don't know if there are others. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so is there a fix or one in the works.

There seems to be this new class of super essential NPC you can not use the "kill" command on.

The first thing you need to remember about tcl is that it won't work right if you have something selected in console. The second thing is that it won't let you into a protected location. This has been true since at least 1.1.

The disable command has never worked on parent-enabled objects (which is probably what you're running into). If you do a getparentref and it returns a 0, then maybe you're onto something, but I've never had trouble with disable, myself.

Edited by gsmanners

The first thing you need to remember about tcl is that it won't work right if you have something selected in console. The second thing is that it won't let you into a protected location. This has been true since at least 1.1.

The disable command has never worked on parent-enabled objects (which is probably what you're running into). If you do a getparentref and it returns a 0, then maybe you're onto something, but I've never had trouble with disable, myself.

I started playing Skyrim at about 1.3 or 1.4 and definitely around 1.5 I use to use TCL to rush a character through the MQ, especially through Blackreach. I used it to access the gate for the lift of Mzark to bypass Alftand, or the other lift whose name escapes me. Now I can't, and that is with nothing else selected in the console. A way around I use now is to go somewhere else and select TCL and then fast travel

I started playing Skyrim at about 1.3 or 1.4 and definitely around 1.5 I use to use TCL to rush a character through the MQ, especially through Blackreach. I used it to access the gate for the lift of Mzark to bypass Alftand, or the other lift whose name escapes me. Now I can't, and that is with nothing else selected in the console. A way around I use now is to go somewhere else and select TCL and then fast travel

Ralbdthar or Mzinchleft are the other two. Those have to be powered up down in Blackreach to work (so, you have to coc into Sinderion's place or whatever).

If you want to skip through quests, that's a simple matter of doing the right setstage (which you can look up on the wiki). To go to Sovngarde, you can just:

player.moveto 4de5a

teachword 3cd31

teachword 44251

teachword 44252

teachword 44253

player.modav dragonsouls 4

That'll shortcut you through the MQ really quick.

• 1 month later...

I tested this too. Disable works, tested in Forgotten Vale but TCL does not. I then "COW" to Tamriel 0,0 and TCL does not work there either. Restarted game several times, double-checked and double-checked. Still does not work. I think it's random, this has happened before though I don't know what caused it.

• 3 years later...

can not get the player.setav.carryweigh comand to work what am i doing wrong?

if you're using that syntax, that's the problem. It's player.setav carryweight ### (spaces between "setav" "carryweight" and the number) Just a thought, but you could use modav (i.e. specify a certain increase) rather than setav so you don't get stuck at the number you choose and can still make use of perks/ special armor etc.