1000 Hours in Skyrim

Elladan13

Not sure if this has ever been addressed. The first time i started modding was Oblivion. Not that I myself am a modder, but its when i discovered installing mods into the game to make the experience better. Needless to say, I wasn't very good at modding and ended up uninstalling the game and re-installing it several times. I did not keep track of my hours. But, I did learn the techniques to installing mods and learning load order and all that stuff.

With Skyrim, i have modded it extensively with all my favorite mods and I have not had the need to uninstall my game due to bad scripts or conflicting mods that caused CTDs. With that being said, Steam has accurately kept track of all the hours I have played (or at least had the game running). I have hit the 1000 hour mark in Skyrim according to steam and was wondering if anyone else has hit that hour mark also. This is probably pathetic and you might be saying get a life. Most of those hours are while I was deployed (Soldier in the US Army). Things get boring when not working while deployed, so one tends to log a lot of hours in Skyrim. Anyway, wanted to see if anyone else has hit 1000 hours or maybe even more.

I just hit the 1900 hour mark. I have wiped everything a couple of times to check out beta patches or try new combinations of mods, but with the exception of some bumps when Heathfire was released and a current lip sync problem, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

In my main game I have around 950 hours of playtime.

Then I have 2 other games going, one is already at 200 h and the other maybe 90-100 h.

So combined I have around 1300-1400 hours. :-)

I friggen love Skyrim, lol.

I have no real idea of how many hours I had in the game before Dec 2012 but so far I have just over 1200 hours on a game I started in July 2012. I got hit by a drunk driver in mid Dec 2012 and was pretty much laid up with a broken leg until the end of March 2013 and didn't have a lot I could do other than play games. Actually, I think Skyrim kept me sane as TV is enough to drive anyone bonkers.

Sympathize with a deployed soldier - ex Royal Marine myself - I don't think "hurry up and wait" is unique to the US military and anything to pass the time is always a god send on deployment so I am one who is not thinking you need to get a life because you played Skyrim a lot - totally understand your situation.

1600 hours....have spent the last 7 years of my life fighting having become a cripple of sorts.... :( ...and no longer able to get a real job.... :(

I'm very fussy about the games I play, I don't have much interest in most...only Skyrim and Mass Effect (do have Oblivion, FO3 and FONV, but prefer Skyrim...it's the graphics)....My Skyrim has been rock solid for the most part, though the rare times it does scr*w up, it's a doozy....that's because PC gaming has been my introduction to Computers (I'm an old duck) and I know near on stuff all about Computers and how it all works...am learning on the run with some interesting mistakes along the way... :pinch:

At least 1400 hours gameplay time for me, plus easily half that much again dealing with mods and mod management. Which reminds me... wow, over 350 GBs of Skyrim mod files backed up ('cause I learned back in Oblivion days that mods may disappear on me, so it's better to back them up locally). Good thing I snagged that cheap 3 TB drive at Costco!