QTP III R or OR causing crash

daR3ALPUN1SH3R

Hello everyone,

it's me again the newbie who can not get his head around another constantly crashing Oblivion.

As said before please have mercy with me as I just started modding like a week ago. And pardon me for my english as well^^

Steam Oblivion GOTY Version

First of all I am using Wrye Bash as MM, BOSS and TES4Edit (just started with it so no real clue what I'm doing there yet)

OBSE, for well, OBSE Plugins:

I've gotten almost every mod to run altogether (see screenshot Running3). Since I've installed QTP III Redimized and Oblivion Reloaded this somehow changed. I tried almost everything with different new stability plugins, deactivating story mods and similiar. Which now results in getting into the man menue but as soon as I start a new game or load a saved one... puff oblivion gone.

Modlist as is now (in install order):

As I've read that BC can cause issues I already tried without it. Still not getting past the main menue.

Now I am completely clueless and would really appreciate your help advise.

Thank you advance.

My guess would be that your probem stems from Oblivion Reloaded, but that is just a guess based on things I've read about other people's troubles with OR (and the lack of stuff I've read about other people's problems with Qarls).

The advantage of installing one thing and testing thoroughly before installing anything else is that when you run into problems you can make a post like "I installed XYZ mod and now my game is doing this". People looking to help aren't faced with working out what might be at the root of the problem from a list of possibles, they can start right into specifics (looking at your load order for known incompatibilities with mod XYZ for example).

If you did any research on OR beforehand you'd see that installing it is a minefield. Yes plenty of people navigate that minefield and have both feet at the end ... perhaps those people are good at avoiding the common "gotcha's" that are included with OR (Equipment Mode is a common theme I read about as one to avoid for example).

Or invisible armor everywhere that I just read on Reddit. Almost every player with problems did install OR or BC - BC corrupted my saves...

I can assure you it is not Qarl's texture exchanger that worked for 14 years that is causing the problem. I do remember when he started with it as we just sat there drooling when we followed his WIP at another forum. I use it still of course and I use this variant. It was Qarl that made me start with 3D by the way... I really got inspired when he started to produce loads of objects for us to do what we wanted with but that was before Oblivion came out as it was for Morrowind.

Well back on track:

I do wonder if ORL is better?? Oblivion Reloaded Lite? I tink it was made to be based on an older and more stable version and that Author initiate the description with pointing at v8.3 and last update is 2 weeks old.

I still do not dare to touch any of those but if I would dare, I would have tried ORL

I use ENBoost and EngineBugFixes as they are small and reliable so far and the game runs fine.

Edited by Pellape

IF (notice that you could say that as "big if" even though in my mind it comes out as "in the unlikey event") I ever tried Oblivion Reloaded it would be Oblivion Reloaded Lite. Even then I would turn off everything possible before I started testing and only turn on single options before starting the next test session.