SKYRIM ON A MAC *WITH MODS* (legal HA, and without parallels/VMware)

infinityhero

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with my skyrim, I have a 2012 Macbook pro retina with 8gb ram and intel iris graphics.

Basically the ground textures in my game have a tendency of glitching out and flickering between multiple different layers of textures (e.g grass to rock to snowy rocky terrain etc.).

as you can see in this image, there is a large square of textures that are different from its environment, and when I move my cursor, the texture changes

notice the slight change in texture from greyish rock to greyish rock with grass, and when I move it again, the texture reverts back to normal

I suspect its because my graphics card apparently does not support multisampling, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone offer any help?

I can't find the folder that says skyrim or data to put the skse in, where is it? I'm on a macbook air 13

Right click the skyrim wrapper and select 'show package contents'

click 'drive_c'

click 'program files'

click 'steam'

click 'steamapps'

click 'common'

then you'll see the 'skyrim' folder, clicking it will show a bunch of files for the game including the 'data' folder

Whenever I run Skyrim, it is usually laggy, even though I have a top-notch iMac. I've tried all video settings and I still have this problem. Got no mods. help.

Right click the skyrim wrapper and choose 'show package contents'

Then open the wineskin app, and select 'set screen options'

On the bottom right corner the only box that should be checked is 'decorate windows' all the other ones should be unchecked.

Hit done and you should be good to go, if that's your problem. Unless you already have this set then I don't know what else to do.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Now I have a new problem though. Whenever the Skyrim menu launches, no text pops up so I can't play it. Also, do Steam Workshop items work with this port?

Sounds like a new problem to me, but what you could try is opening the wineskin app under 'show package contents' and click the middle tab 'tools'. Then hit 'update wrapper' to the lastest version 2.6.0. BUT! its important you keep the same engine as its' custom built for skyrim. Might help, those are my settings. If not only thing I can think of is it might be a dwrite issue.

As for workshop items, I don't see why they wouldn't work unless they require hi res textures or some other mod that won't work. Its simply trial and error sub/unsub from whichever items you wan't. if they don't work then you'll know. I know some mods work from the workshop such as the 'pure waters' mod. Try them out, shouldn't mess up the base skyrim game.

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with my skyrim, I have a 2012 Macbook pro retina with 8gb ram and intel iris graphics.

Basically the ground textures in my game have a tendency of glitching out and flickering between multiple different layers of textures (e.g grass to rock to snowy rocky terrain etc.).

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-13 at 6.52.55 am.jpg

as you can see in this image, there is a large square of textures that are different from its environment, and when I move my cursor, the texture changes

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-13 at 6.52.49 am.jpg

notice the slight change in texture from greyish rock to greyish rock with grass, and when I move it again, the texture reverts back to normal

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-13 at 6.53.03 am.jpg

I suspect its because my graphics card apparently does not support multisampling, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone offer any help?

I have this exact problem as well. It doesn't happen in Cider, only Wineskin. So it must be something in the wrapper.

Thank you it worked :D but i have to update my skyrim and i got skyrim it off a website but is there a way to trick skse that you did update it and i didint buy the real game cause i just don't have the money and i have everthing and i got the dlcs and a lot of mods so if you can be kind and help me with my problem i will be very grateful and happy :smile:

We take a dim view of pirates. Buy the game and be gone.

--Moto

• 3 weeks later...

so before I start, I run Skyrim pretty well on Wineskin through steam. And everything works well EXCEPT FOR THE DAMN FACT I CANNOT FRICKING ABSORB DRAGON SOULS. Now i read on the unofficial patches and updates that if i download that it will fix my problem. Except it wont download to my skyrim folder or i dont know how to do it. It just comes up as a blank piece of paper that needs an app to run but i dont have one to do it. All i want to do is collect dragon souls. can anyone help me??

HEY!

You could use the console command (hit ~ to open CC) to add Dragon Souls.

just type "player.modav dragon souls ..." (replace ... with no. of souls)!