Skyrim: the missing textures (and the texture artists who love them)

acidzebra

Okay, so for the past two weeks I've been spending way too much time looking at different texture packs available on the nexus, mixing up my own preferred look for things. Overall I'm very happy with the result. A poor model can look amazing with a good texture, but a good model will still look terrible with a poor texture.

There are only a few things I haven't been able to find a satisfactory replacement for, and as a result these things have turned into eyesores. I will list them here, if the community has other annoyances, add them here and I will update the list. If a kindly texture artist takes up the challenge and retextures one of the objects, I will update as well.

- Dwemer ichor barrel

path: textures\clutter\dwemer\ichorbarrel01.dds

512x512 res, and these things are frigging EVERYWHERE

- Serpentine dragon (DLC02)

path: textures\actors\dlc02\dragon\*.*

You'll have seen this on one of the loading screen at least if you have the Dragonborn DLC. Miraak sitting all pretty on some kind of ill-defined dragonish blob. I think it's actually using the low-res LOD texture.

- Dwemer centurion bust

path: \textures\actors\dwarvensteamcenturion\steamcenturion.dds

Another loading screen favorite, look at the horrible "rivets"! Note this dwemer clutter model uses the regular steam centurion (actor) textures. An improvement over the default can be had by using textures from this mod, but I still feel it could look even better.