Nexus site is painfully slow and getting worse...

Drax8

Anyone else having trouble with the site (all other websites work as normal for me). It takes upwards of 5 minutes to load the file or comments pages for mods. Frustrating, and it keeps getting worse...

Same here, I've had to reload like 5 times to get to a download page. Wonder what's wrong... I keep getting a "502 Bad Gateway - nginx" message for some reason.

Edited by Jokerine

YES! I posted, specifially about this issue just yesterday.

For the last week the site has been littered with 502 gateway errors, and extremely slow loading times. It's to an excessive degree with no official anouncement or notice.

I was actually really shocked that no one was discussing this.

"

I would like to second PieEyedPiper. On my end it hasn't been nearly as bad as on his, but I've noticed the same thing. I've almost never gotten a bad gateway from the Skyrim Nexus, but in the past week I've gotten quite a few and I've noticed things on the main site (like comments sections for mods) take longer, sometimes not loading at all. Early on in the week it was particularly bad, with NMM dropping downloads left and right and going through 2 or 3 servers just for one mod before being able to download. I'm using Chrome fully updated on Vista OS.

Hello,

For the past week or so I've noticed a marked decline in NEXUS reliability. I only use the Skyrim side of this ship but just in the last week, and not before, the site has become increasignly unstable. 502 bad gateways every second mod link I click. It also takes up to 30seconds or more to load pages, or comments, or even the mod description.

What is the reason for this? I've tested this to be true on a number of different machines so I know that the problem is not local.

You could say I first noticed right around the time of the site upgrades, but the site at least worked.

e.g. Just prior to making this post, I "middle-clicked" all of today's hot files ( 4 links or something) on skyrim nexus and let them load up in tabs as I continued to read the main page. All 4 tabs loaded up with 502 bad gateway until refreshed several times each.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34215/
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34346/
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34102/

Thank you in advance, I would really like to know why this behavior is being exhibited."

Edited by PieEyedPiper

The site definitely has issues. I am thinking it does not handle load very well. I was considering signing up for a pay membership, because everything else about the site was pretty well executed. The slowness though gives me pause.

I think they need to move the servers to a different country. My firefox says there hosting from the UK. If there using Virgin Media i feel sorry for them.

Just took 20 mins to get a 47kb file.